Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The winner of the Cruiserweight WBSS is P4P top 5. Discuss.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Hammer View Post
    I agree.

Usyk and Briedis are at least close to the top 10 now, perhaps should be around 8 to 10.
    How is briedis already top 8-10?

Huck is a tough customer who wont be an easy fight for most, but he is way past it and cant hang with the top 5 guys anymore.

If people on here nitpick about most wins, you can nitpick a whole bunch about the Perez win. He was knocked the **** out by Povetkin, had a 2 year layoff, knocked out a bum and went straight to Briedis. Many are saying he lost his killer instinct after the magadomev fight and his last decent win was in 2013 against magadomev.

Durodola and Charr are durable gatekeepers, nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
      How is briedis already top 8-10?
      If he beats Usyk, he'll have a very good resume.

Comment

No,,, especially breidas..

Usyk could move into an honorable mention for top 10 p4p but I don't think he cracks it

Comment

Originally posted by The Hammer View Post
          If he beats Usyk, he'll have a very good resume.
          If he wins the tournament yes no question.
          But you were talking about his current resume and he is not in the top 10 yet.

Comment

Usyk could be top 10 if he wins it all, none of the other should be near there, specially breidis if by any chance he lucks out

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              No,,, especially breidas..

Usyk could move into an honorable mention for top 10 p4p but I don't think he cracks it
              What kind of standards do you have for Usyk? The guy is already top 10 P4P. He will be more than a damn "honourable mention" if he takes this tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Shrap View Post
                What kind of standards do you have for Usyk? The guy is already top 10 P4P. He will be more than a damn "honourable mention" if he takes this tournament.
                Not my top 10, but I guess it's all subjective

Comment

Top 10 P4P for sure.

Top 5? Maybe, depending on how good the winner looks. But it's not a given.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
                    For me Lomachenko is ahead of Usyk and with wins over Briedis, Dorticos/Gassiev/Diablo fails to elevate him higher, depending of course how Loma fairs versus Rigo.

Canelo I didn't feel worthy of top ten recognition until he fought Golovkin and proved himself the same level, those two are top 9 and 10 with Golovkin having the slight edge in seventh, poor exceptionally poor by comparison to guys like Rigo, Usyk, Loma, Crawford, I even have Thurman and Spence above them. How Golovkin is no.1 now Ward has retired in some quarters on the back of his last two fights is laughable.
                    You are telling me Loma's resume with two good fighters in Russell and Walters > GGG's resume who has unified the division?
                    Rigo, Thurman and Spence are better in p4p rankings than Golovkin?
                    You are appalling when it comes to rating Golovkin but have the audacity to rank Thurman and Spence over GGg..
                    And this is coming from a Thurman and GGG fan..
                    Make a case for your rating Scottie..

BTW, This is my top 5 p4p post Ward..
                    Crawford
                    GGG
                    Loma
                    Thurman
                    Canelo
                    Last edited by BoxingFan85; 09-30-2017, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                      Lets compare speculating that Usyk wins.

Usyk - Gassiev, Briedis, Glowacki, Huck, Mchunu, Hunter (4 Champions, Undisputed Champion in 15 fights)

Canelo - Lara*, Cotto, Trout*, Smith, Angulo, Chavez, Mosley, Kirkland

Rigo - Donaire, Agbeko, Ramos, Marroquin, Cordoba

Crawford - Postol, Indongo, Gamboa, Beltran, Burns

Garcia - Matthysse, Peterson, Khan, Guerrero, Judah

After Canelo you could argue Usyk would have an edge in resume over the rest. Add to that becoming undisputed in 15 fights and owning one of the strongest divisions your analysis seems rather off.
                      Smart post. Green sent.

I don't know man. After looking at your post, I'd put Usyk above all of them. He's already on my list based on skill alone. If he wins this whole tournament, he's the best in boxing, bar none.

The guy is basically a heavyweight moving like a lightweight, and has special effects. He needs to work on his stamina and, more importantly, stop admiring his own work too much until the conclusion of the bout.

I'm picking him to win this prize.

War Usyk!

Comment

Working...
                      X