• Show
Clear All

Too tall vs Fury would be an interesting oddball fight

Comment

Sounds like a lot of sour grapes and alot of bullshyt

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
        Washington would sleep him
        - -Of course Wash had the luxury of proper development by the deepest heavy boxing stable in the world, thus being well compensated.

Too Tall had no such development nor pay, and it's telling just how much residual hatred there is for him to this day. On and off the football field TT quite popular and respected not to mention accomplished, yet even before he stepped into a boxing ring, as soon as he announced he was turning to boxing the classless riffraff crummy attacks assailed him...only in boxing...

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
          - -Of course Wash had the luxury of proper development by the deepest heavy boxing stable in the world, thus being well compensated.

Too Tall had no such development nor pay, and it's telling just how much residual hatred there is for him to this day. On and off the football field TT quite popular and respected not to mention accomplished, yet even before he stepped into a boxing ring, as soon as he announced he was turning to boxing the classless riffraff crummy attacks assailed him...[b]only in boxing...[b]
          Oh yeah, only in boxing. I know NFL fans were elated at Brock Lesner getting a walk on try out just because he was in the wwf.

Or CM Punk getting a multiple fight deal in UFC because he could fake grapple.

“Only in boxing” do fans of the sport get annoyed when a nobody decides they want to box.

And weren’t you one of the people screaming about how Wilder isn’t a boxer, he’s a basketball player?

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            Oh yeah, only in boxing. I know NFL fans were elated at Brock Lesner getting a walk on try out just because he was in the wwf.

“Only in boxing” do fans of the sport get annoyed when a nobody decides they want to box.

And weren’t you one of the people screaming about how Wilder isn’t a boxer, he’s a basketball player?
            - -Sorry, Rex, but if Deyonce could play B Grade Journeyman BB he'd had earned 10x the peanuts he's earned as the WBC chump.

Wash was a FAIL in the nfl, thus nobody cared that he turned to boxing and they still don't give a fig about him.

Comment

CM Punk was also trained in BJJ, so didn't just fake grapple. Not long enough to do anything in a real MMA fight though. Still a good point about boxing though.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                CM Punk was also trained in BJJ, so didn't just fake grapple. Not long enough to do anything in a real MMA fight though. Still a good point about boxing though.
                Yeah but he trained to grapple after he left pro wrestling and used his name to get the contract. He had little training in comparison. He stepped into the front of the line. That’s why people get pissed

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                  I am SHOCKED that there could be corruption in boxing. SHOCKED.

I don't believe the Bert Cooper story. He didn't lose because he had been plied with women and drugs before the fight, he lost because George hit him so hard it lifted him INTO THE AIR. He quit on his stool and I for one would not blame him for it.

Check out the replay at 6:10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj_TRKvtgfg
                  Thanks for the link, I didn't know the Cooper fight was on Youtube. I actually downloaded it and saved it. How this file missed me I have no idea, because I thought I'd seen all of his stuff on YT... file was u/l in 07

Comment

Yeah but he trained to grapple after he left pro wrestling and used his name to get the contract. He had little training in comparison. He stepped into the front of the line. That’s why people get pissed
                    I actually love the celebrity cross-overs. It draws more attention to MMA and more money as a result.

These dudes do NOT get paid enough.

It's a travesty.

Comment

Working...
                    X