Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your top 3 most impressive wins in boxing history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mosley over Margarito, everyone expected Marg to retire Mosley, and if Mosley made it to the final bell that would be a victory by itself but no one expected Shane to win let alone dominate and knockout Marg.

Hopkins over Pavlik, another expected changing of the guard scenario, Pavlik was the best 160 lber and was supposed to beat Hopkins yet Hopkins won every single round handily.

Martinez over Chavez jr, 12th round was drama but the way Martinez dug deep and fought his way to the final bell was amazing to me. I was so excited I jumped up and accidentally put a hole in my ceiling.

Comment

Toney ko over Nunn on his turf.

Rosendo Alvarez draw that should’ve been a win over Finito Lopez in Mexico

Salido over JML in Puerto Tico

Comment

Leonard over Hagler

Calzaghe over Lacy

Fury over Wilder

Comment

Originally posted by Boy Jones Jr. View Post
          What rule says a fighter has to be given the benefit of the doubt to continue after they cant answer simple questions?

“Are you ok? ARE YOU OK?”
          Boxing intuition and experience. What year did you start watching boxing?

Comment

Cancio over Machado

A part time construction worker who was training even while still working and not only beat down Machado but literally beat him to a pulp with bodyshots!

I think the odds were crazy too!

Comment

Originally posted by boogbx View Post
              Toney ko over Nunn on his turf.

Rosendo Alvarez draw that should’ve been a win over Finito Lopez in Mexico

Salido over JML in Puerto Tico
              Toney vs. Nunn is one of my favorites. Nunn was so good back then and Toney came to his town as a 20-1 underdog. He was doing well but behind and then BOOM. Lights out! Toney's one of my favorite fighters ever.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                - -it's his opinion wolfy. You want me to destroy your cartoon choices?

For the record, Pak jumped 2 weight classes on short notice to take the same Oscar that TUE Floydy ducked out in the middle of an epic year long promotion and training by Oscar.

At the same weight, date, and venue, and prob 90% of fans and "experts" thought Manny was way overmatched.

I'd also put in Foreman over undefeated Moorer, plus no bigger upset in historical importance than Louis avenging his knockout by Schmeling in the middle of the buildup that kicked off ww2.
                Look at this moron trying to justify Pacquiao beating the AIDS version of De La Hoya. Please. "Destroy" my picks. Let's see this.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
                  Boxing intuition and experience. What year did you start watching boxing?
                  So there isnt a rule. You cant just make **** up to suit who you want to win.

How many times should a ref ask “are you ok?” to an unresponsive fighter before he waves it off? Its clearly not one or two to you. So what is it? 4,5,6 times?

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
                    Canelo over GGG. Nobody expected that
                    If you're talking about the first one, nobody expected that even after watching the fight

Comment

In boxing history? Only 3 fights? F#ck thats a hell of a task. I'd be curious what the boxing history dorks think those 3 fights would be doe.

I'll stick to the most impressive to me since I've been watching boxing.

Jorge Paez W15 Calvin Grove
                      -Grove undefeated & leading going into the last round gets dropped by Paez three times in the final round for Paez to just edge out the decision.

James Douglas KO10 Mike Tyson
                      -Tyson was more a mythical figure to me than a boxer at this point. Buster put on the performance of his life to accomplish the unthinkable here. I was legit shook for days after this fight & no so called "unbeatable" boxer losing will ever have the same impact on me as this fight did.

Floyd Mayweather KO10 Diego Corrales
                      -Big fan of both these guys at the time. To me this is Mayweather's best performance. I've never seen such a dominate W in a 1 vs 2 in a division fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X