Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shawn Porter wants Pacquiao (If Pacquiao beats Broner)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shawn Porter wants Pacquiao (If Pacquiao beats Broner)

Shawn Porter says he wants a 40 year old Pacquiao, if Pacquiao beats Broner.

Should Porter be able to defend his belt against Pacquiao instead of having a unification fight against Spence, Thurman, or Crawford?

Can Pacquiao deal with Porter’s rough style at this point in his career?

I like Shawn but he should be fighting Errol Spence now. I have zero interest in seeing him beat up on an old Pacquiao.

Comment

I'm sure Porter does want Manny, but for Manny Porter might be the least appealing choice for him of the reasonable options for bigger fights.

I feel like Manny is looking for Floyd 1st & foremost. After that Spence & Thurman make the most sense. Then hell I think Khan is a more interesting fight for Manny.

Porter is a hard fight for Manny for sure & I suspect Porter probably does win, but I don't see him high on the options list for Manny.

Comment

Manny had problems with Horn, so Porter would give him all kinds of work. If Manny gets past Broner they should get Floyd in early before talking about the rest of those guys.

Comment

I think Pacquiao vs Porter is an even fight. Everybody wants to fight Pacquiao because they make so much money fighting him. Spence will be fighting Mikey next. Porter should give Thurman a title shot as soon as he asks for one. Pacquiao won't be fighting for at least 6 months after the Broner fight so that's a long way off. When Pacquiao is ready to fight again a fight between him and Broner would be fine.

Comment

Manny is a champion at 147, he's fair game for everyone to go after.

Comment

First, it was Danny Garcia, then Robert Guerrero and now it's Shawn Porter who all want to fight Manny. Well Pac is getting exactly what he was looking for; To fight the very best of the 147 pound welterweight division in the world. That's why he signed with the PBC in the first place. Therefore, I guess he is getting what he was bargaining for.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                Manny had problems with Horn, so Porter would give him all kinds of work. If Manny gets past Broner they should get Floyd in early before talking about the rest of those guys.
                The main reason Pacquiao had any trouble with Horn is Horn fought one of the dirtiest fights ever seen and the ref let him fight that way without so much as a warning. Pacquiao beat Horn by a mile and got robbed and that's why he refused to rematch Horn in his back yard again. Porter is a rough fighter but not a dirty one. Porter's charge straight in style leave him open to Pacquiao's fast, hard, accurate right hooks and straight lefts.Even a 40 year old Pacquiao can still match Porter's high work rate and punch output.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  The main reason Pacquiao had any trouble with Horn is Horn fought one of the dirtiest fights ever seen and the ref let him fight that way without so much as a warning. Pacquiao beat Horn by a mile and got robbed and that's why he refused to rematch Horn in his back yard again. Porter is a rough fighter but not a dirty one. Porter's charge straight in style leave him open to Pacquiao's fast, hard, accurate right hooks and straight lefts.Even a 40 year old Pacquiao can still match Porter's high work rate and punch output.
                  Dream on day dreamer.

Comment

Pacquiao loses to any top black fighter. And that's every champ in his division. Spence (IBF), Crawford (WBO), Porter (WBC), Thurman (WBA).

Comment

Working...
                    X