Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you are OK with Vanes v GG, you were ok with Wilder v Arreola.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has he exhausted all options? I don't think he has.

Andrade:

"I am in the gym, and if Gennady does the right thing and chooses the best available fighter, and that is me, he and his team should know that I am ready to fight him for his middleweight titles on May 5th," said Andrade, 30, a southpaw from Providence, Rhode Island. I have been working extra hard in the gym to prepare myself for May 5th. ... I think Gennady knows that I am the best option right now. Based on all the comments about all of the names out there, this is the fight that the fans prefer."

Derevyanchenko:

"Sergiy is ready to fight Golovkin now." - Manager

I don't blame him for not wanting to take a risk when he's trained specifically for Canelo, but Vanes? Risking it is better than that or just cancel and get a Saunders fight for June like Warren said. There's enough time to get it done, not so much after 5th May.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      I'm fine with Vanes. Not the best match, but the guy is competent and will come to fight. His losses were competitive fights against very talented guys. He's not a club level fighter like O Sullivan.

The thing about this board is that people are all cheerleaders. They don't have any interest in consistency or integrity. They just want to be free PR bots for their heroes. I understood why Wilder fought Arreola. It was to keep busy and keep the money coming in. Wasn't a great fight but it was what you might expect on short notice. I don't expect GG to throw away the date after so much prep has been put into this, by himself and so many people that are working with him.
      Yo red, to be fair, Vanes is a 154 pounder but a big one being 6 ft, he might be more comfortable at 160.

I'm not worried about his size, but more about the 2 years lay off.

Still, Vanes always was competitive with the elite of his own division (a talented one), and often was at the short end of a stick.

But you know what, if Vanes looks explosive in some pre fight workouts video and in great shape at the weigh in I'm might be hyped up.

That fight might be competitive if Vanes still got it, dude isn't there to get hit like the Sullivan or Munguias of the world and sometimes GGG can be sloppy.

I wouldn't be surprised if GGG stops him in 3 rounds but wouldn't be surprise if a tricky Vanes shows up and GGG won a 7-5 decisions decision looking bad.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
        NO! I'm tired of this fraud 'Triple-Duck' beating on smaller fighters coming up in weight, Chris 'Nightmare' Arreola was a true HW.
        So he should not fight Andrade and Charlo since they are small fighters coming up in weight?

Comment

Wilder and GGG are a nice comparison, I agree.

They both fought in a weak division, fought a solid streak of bums because they were ducked or cheated by the few top fighters in their division.

Sure GGG has young fighters coming up, but he's slipping, old and won't fight them all (they better fight each others a bit if you ask me). But overall they faced the same problems.

Canelo did on his own to GGG what AJ and Ortiz did to Wilder, making him wait to much and a PED canceling fight move lol

Comment

Working...
          X