In-House Fight Night - Dec 7th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
    Guy must have been 6'5?
    Probably not quite that tall. I'm 6' 2" and he appeared to be about 6' 4" but not much above.

Comment

Originally posted by WonderMonkey View Post
      Probably not quite that tall. I'm 6' 2" and he appeared to be about 6' 4" but not much above.
      A good liver shot will cut him down to size.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
        A good liver shot will cut him down to size.
        We were outside the ring doing things. But, agreed.

Comment

Small Update: I've been increasing activity to see how my calf/leg responds. Certain things provoke it, some things don't, and other things I'm not sure about yet. Regardless I'm still moving forward trying to do more each week in a controlled manner. Official sessions to prepare for Dec 7th start September 24th, so I have until then to push as hard as I safely can and see how it goes. As it so happens I'm out of state most of that week so I'm going to have to work on my own as best I can and then jump in when I get back.

Comment

Originally posted by WonderMonkey View Post
            Small Update: I've been increasing activity to see how my calf/leg responds. Certain things provoke it, some things don't, and other things I'm not sure about yet. Regardless I'm still moving forward trying to do more each week in a controlled manner. Official sessions to prepare for Dec 7th start September 24th, so I have until then to push as hard as I safely can and see how it goes. As it so happens I'm out of state most of that week so I'm going to have to work on my own as best I can and then jump in when I get back.
            Only a few weeks away.

Comment

Yes, not that far.

Yesterday I went and walked the stairs that go up the size of an earthen dam. I kept the times I went up and down to 10 just to see how everything went. My leg was pissed that evening but recovered nicely for this mornings workout. I had drop-dead legs this morning until I finished my warmup. Assuming things continue well I'll go do stairs about every other day. When I'm stepping I put the whole foot on the step and drive through the heel to minimize calf involvement. Going down of course there is calf work.

Comment

If you can do 20 minutes on heavy bag in 2 minutes round, than you will be able to burn 215 - 230 calories and it also condition your arms, chest as well. You don't need to hit the bag with intensity every time. You can just hit with jabs and crosses, followed by a hook with power, this workout will definitely help you get in shape before December. Just have a look at Mayweather workout: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnsiPKLUrXY

Comment

Originally posted by Taha93 View Post
                  If you can do 20 minutes on heavy bag in 2 minutes round, than you will be able to burn 215 - 230 calories and it also condition your arms, chest as well. You don't need to hit the bag with intensity every time. You can just hit with jabs and crosses, followed by a hook with power, this workout will definitely help you get in shape before December. Just have a look at Mayweather workout: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnsiPKLUrXY
                  Thanks, I'll look at that. The main issue is that too much activity provokes my leg thing, so I have to increase from week to week at a certain pace. At times I get it wrong and I have a setback. Too many of those and I won't be ready.

Comment

It requires less amount of usage of legs, try this for 1 week and note your progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Taha93 View Post
                      It requires less amount of usage of legs, try this for 1 week and note your progress.
                      I'm already doing this kind of work. Steady state type things on the bag. I also do basic mitts and also "live" mitts. Some live sparring (reduced speed, some full) but not enough for my teste.

Comment

Working...
                      X