No announcement yet.

Castor oil is great stuff, I really recommend it for recovery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Castor oil is great stuff, I really recommend it for recovery

It has a wide variety of uses, for your muscles, joints, as a laxative, for your skin etc.

https://wellnessmama.com/35671/castor-oil-packs/

I'd been having tightness/pain in my right pec and shoulder for the past year or so and nothing would get rid of it. I tried all sorts of massage tools, kinesiotape worked well but I couldn't keep it on 24/7.

I remembered I'd previously used castor oil to get rid of a swollen lymph node in my jaw from an infection after dental surgery so decided to try it on my pec/shoulder.

Normally you're supposed to use a heating pad but instead I just massaged it it into my pec shoulder.

Did some light chest work 1st to get the blood flowing in the area, afterwards applied the oil and stretched/massaged the areas that hurt.

Did this 2 hours before I went to bed to allow full recovery. Day after the tightness, pain, reduced by 90%. Did some more stretching, massaging with the oil into the area 3 times, 2 mins each, 2 days later my pec/shoulder feels like new.

I've used it in the past for my pinched nerve but never really did much of anything. I still have to get massages on the affected shoulder to this day.

Comment

Really, this is interesting for me as I use it for hair. Might have to try it for recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by P4Pdunny View Post
        Really, this is interesting for me as I use it for hair. Might have to try it for recovery.
        What does it do for hair?

If it helps it grow back I might bath my head in the stuff.. hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
          What does it do for hair?

If it helps it grow back I might bath my head in the stuff.. hahahaha
          Hahahaha, I put it on before im training (pours open up so it sinks into the hair faster). It's apparently supposed to make your hair thicker - if I never used it I'd be completely bald I think!

Comment

Originally posted by P4Pdunny View Post
            Hahahaha, I put it on before im training (pours open up so it sinks into the hair faster). It's apparently supposed to make your hair thicker - if I never used it I'd be completely bald I think!
            You don't have to tell me twice, I ran out and bought two bottles. Rubbing it in as we speak.

Comment

Working...
            X