No announcement yet.

Heavy duty bag STANDS?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy duty bag STANDS?

Working out at home now and I've gotten about as much mileage as I can from this Everlast bag stand over the last year. Essentially, I need something much sturdier. Aside from it being a couple inches too short for me and moving around, even when covered w/ sandbags, I'm concerned about the top bolt/frame joint giving out. There's a thick layer of metal dust on the top of my bag that's coming from the bolt hole.

I'd like something that bolts into the garage floor but would go for a sandbag option if it were truly stable. Would love to save money but will spend if the quality is there. I've been working out at home a lot lately and am a tall/strong guy so quality/sturdiness is a priority. I won't hang from the ceiling because I don't want to be rattling my house. I've looked at most things online but would rather hear your experiences about stuff you've used at home and the gym.
    Thanks!

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    Working out at home now and I've gotten about as much mileage as I can from this Everlast bag stand over the last year. Essentially, I need something much sturdier. Aside from it being a couple inches too short for me and moving around, even when covered w/ sandbags, I'm concerned about the top bolt/frame joint giving out. There's a thick layer of metal dust on the top of my bag that's coming from the bolt hole.

I'd like something that bolts into the garage floor but would go for a sandbag option if it were truly stable. Would love to save money but will spend if the quality is there. I've been working out at home a lot lately and am a tall/strong guy so quality/sturdiness is a priority. I won't hang from the ceiling because I don't want to be rattling my house. I've looked at most things online but would rather hear your experiences about stuff you've used at home and the gym.
    Thanks!
    Dont know where you are from Foxx but I check craigslist daily to see if I could score something cheap. Anyways I know here in SoCal theres a couple of gyms going out of business and are selling very sturdy stands for reasonable prices. Check out inland empire craigslist and orange county craigslist and you will see what I am talking about, if you are in driving distance, it may be worth your while if not than maybe you can get an idea od what I cam talking about....

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      Dont know where you are from Foxx but I check craigslist daily to see if I could score something cheap. Anyways I know here in SoCal theres a couple of gyms going out of business and are selling very sturdy stands for reasonable prices. Check out inland empire craigslist and orange county craigslist and you will see what I am talking about, if you are in driving distance, it may be worth your while if not than maybe you can get an idea od what I cam talking about....
      That's a really good idea. My main problem would be that I've got a motorcycle and a sport hatchback. I really need a damn truck.

Edit; then again, I could do what I did w/ my bike and tell them I'm a buyer if they'll deliver.

Comment

Make one up yourself. If your no good at welding or can't get welder, get it custom made. Worth putting your hand in your pocket if its long term investment.

Comment

I found them all to be pretty poor and comprise your movement. In my hast I bought a bracket that I had welded to make it sturdier only to find that the rendering on my back wall meant that I couldn't use it.

I ended up making something along these lines and was excellent:

The timber cost me about £13. I used the steel wire and clip from a lat pull down add on from my old weight bench to attach the heavy bag and a cheap tow rope off eBay to anchor it (In this case to the bottom of a washing line poll.
          Last edited by - Ram Raid -; 04-13-2016, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X