Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was better in their Peak & Prime? Roy Jones or Floyd Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ya'll musta forgot, who stopped virgil hill, with a bodyshot...

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      He has.

In the mid 00's he was critical of Roy Jones. When he was getting knocked out a lot.

Not so much in this decade.

But Floyd is critical of pretty much everyone especially when they are compared to him.
      Interesting. But has he ever said anything critical of Roy when he was at his peak?

Comment

Originally posted by darius45 View Post
        Interesting. But has he ever said anything critical of Roy when he was at his peak?
        Just as a whole downplaying his career.

That's what Floyd does though. That's a side of him I was never a fan of.

Comment

Now I Love me some Roy Jones but his resume during his prime was horrible, only 2 Hall of famers

Comment

I gotta go with Floyd. I think RJJr's losses make him a more acceptable choice to Floyd haters.

Comment

jones reached the higher level. HW is always greater a jump than moving up mini-divisions, even though HW scene is increasingly dire and even allowing for proportions.

Comment

Originally posted by lex_fugitive View Post
                No one can mention RJJ without mentioning Dariusz Michalczewski. Who was better: a prime Roy or a prime Michalczewski? No one knows for sure, because RJJ didn't have the balls to find out. Sorry, but Roy never even cleaned out his own division. A prime RJJ still had a suspect chin, no confidence, and very little-if any- heart. He had the most amazing hand speed and athleticism ever, bar none, but being scared along with being chinny needs to be taken into account.
                Ha!

This is surely a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnyez View Post
                  Now I Love me some Roy Jones but his resume during his prime was horrible, only 2 Hall of famers
                  It wasn't horrible.

Comment

I think Roy was clearly better prime against prime. They were both great and beat many good fighters in their prime. Mayweather had a few close fights that not everyone thought he won such as his fights with Castillo and Oscar. Roy Jones completely dominated all his opponents and knocked them out or won just about every round. There was never a doubt who won his prime fights. Mayweather was a great boxer but not a great puncher. Roy was a great boxer and a great puncher.

Comment

Roy was a freak of nature! That was one bad dude in his prime. I believe he was just more athletic than Floyd. Floyd had the better defense, but Roy had cat like reflexes, with the power to keep everyone honest.

Comment

Working...
                      X