Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which TALL fighter (for the weightclass).....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which TALL fighter (for the weightclass).....

likes to throw overhand rights??
    bending low with a big overhand right on SHORTER opponents.

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
    I don't know exactly wtf you're asking here but Arguello was tall and threw monsterous right hands

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
      I don't know exactly wtf you're asking here but Arguello was tall and threw monsterous right hands
      u know how maidana throws his overhand rights?
      is there anyone like arguello height (tall for the division) that throws it like maidana?
      thats my question.

Comment

u know how maidana throws his overhand rights?
        is there anyone like arguello height (tall for the division) that throws it like maidana?
        thats my question.
        Larry Holmes liked to throw the right hook around the guard but not in an overhand motion like Maidana and he did that against shorter opponents a lot, Floyd Mayweather also does that and it looks very similar to the Holmes right hook around the guard, very underrated punch.

But bear in mind that tall fighters shouldn't rely in looping punches cuz of their long arms, it takes too long from the time they begin to throw till the time the punch lands and of course to land a looping punch u need to get in range, which favors the shorter fighter with the shorter arms cuz he needs less time to land his hooks, that's why taller fighters are famous for their straight punches like Hearns straight right hand and shorter fighters are famous for looping chopping punches like Mike Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmed_Ismail View Post
          Larry Holmes liked to throw the right hook around the guard but not in an overhand motion like Maidana and he did that against shorter opponents a lot, Floyd Mayweather also does that and it looks very similar to the Holmes right hook around the guard, very underrated punch.

But bear in mind that tall fighters shouldn't rely in looping punches cuz of their long arms, it takes too long from the time they begin to throw till the time the punch lands and of course to land a looping punch u need to get in range, which favors the shorter fighter with the shorter arms cuz he needs less time to land his hooks, that's why taller fighters are famous for their straight punches like Hearns straight right hand and shorter fighters are famous for looping chopping punches like Mike Tyson.
          yep i get the reasoning, thats why im asking for examples of fighters who did this, so i can take a look at it's practicality.
          it sounds dumb in theory lol.
          but thank you, i will look for some maidana vs midgets fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmed_Ismail View Post
            that's why taller fighters are famous for their straight punches like Hearns straight right hand and shorter fighters are famous for looping chopping punches like Mike Tyson.
            Is that why gangling Bob Foster was famous for his looping lefhook?

Comment

Hearns I.e Duran ko

Comment

Hopkins uses the overhand right vs Pascal a lot

Comment

Didn't Paul Williams throw looping punches? I remember people saying he doesn't fight like a taller fighter with long reach.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                    Didn't Paul Williams throw looping punches? I remember people saying he doesn't fight like a taller fighter with long reach.
                    oh right, anyone else?

Comment

Working...
                    X