Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy Prez: Golovkin Must Accept 57.5-42.5 By Tomorrow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would not have offered GGG a penny more then 40%.

Comment

• Its not too bad a deal imo. Hope Golovkin takes it. Better if Oscar just makes it 57%-43%.

Comment

• Wow .. issuing public ultimatums to a unified world champion on behalf of a suspended PED cheat. These people have no shame or honour whatsoever.

If I was GGG I would tell Gomez to shove his 42.5% up Oscar's arse with a serving fork and leave it up there till their boy is eligible to fight again.

Comment

• Damn, I'm surprised they offered this much. Negotiations with other parties must not have been going so well I guess.

GGG should take this deal though, as long as their isn't some other naughty stuff in the contract we don't know about. 42.5% of a Canelo pot is way more than anyone else would get and it's the point in his career where he should be maximising the earnings. He won't earn anywhere near that amount with anyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jubei View Post
            All the real boxing fans knew that Canelo needs GGG. All the other options dont sell and ruin his image.
            This is very true. How many times has GBP said they were moving on? At least the 3rd or 4th time. They know the money would be cut at least in half against even Jacobs & their image still takes a hit with many fans while really just as big of a risk. It's more realistic to say that Oscar & Gomez keep begging Loeffler for this fight.

GBP loves to use the media as a negotiation tool to help put pressure on their opponent, this is no different. We can assume that K2 is probably standing firm at 45% & feel they've already come off from the 50/50 while GBP said 40% just last week. Yes they bumped it up some but it's not like they're meeting in the middle unless you go off what was signed prior to 5/5.

This is all negotiation & it just depends on who wants the fight more by who's willing to meet the others demands. Sure people can say "that's a ton of money!" But lets remember that Pac turned down 40mil & Joshua just turned down 50m. It doesn't mean the fight won't still happen, it just means that you're working towards a better return is all.

Lastly you need to remember that these numbers are always used against teams in future negotiations so it's not just about this one fight. Both teams leverage their future splits/earnings against how they do business today. We're not even in the know on what Hearn is asking the Jacob's split to be, but best believe he's using Golovkin's numbers as a starting block against them. It's no coincidence that GBP upped their offer since talking to Hearn & found out they weren't gonna take a minuscule amount or flat fee.

Comment

• If they are serious then they were obviously negotiating and ggg needs to accept those terms. It’s more than a generous offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
                I would not have offered GGG a penny more then 40%.
                No one gives a **** what you would offer honestly. Concentrate on your real job while the experts make fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                  I know! So was I....8 rounds is a lil high IMO 7-5 I scored it for GGG but I could also see the draw.

Rounds 1-3 Canelo
                  10 and 12 Canelo

11 either way.
                  Putting our differences aside. If Canelo has stamina issues he has to figure out how to conserve energy but not go to the ropes. Going backwards as often as he did was a very bad look for him. Golovkin has to be more accurate and go to the body. I obviously want Golovkin to win but I want to see a competitive fight.

Comment

• Don't take it GGG, let Clenelo go get his ass kicked by Jacobs, A rematch with Jacobs looks very appealing after Danny beats the tainted meat boy's ass!!

Comment

• GBP and Canelo would Rather fight GGG. If Jacobs takes Canelo to the distance and judges aren't involve... Jacobs wins, beats and exposes Canelo.

Comment

Working...
                      X