No announcement yet.

Did Maidana break broner mentally?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    he had handspeed but he never had fluid movement with his feet and his punches never flowed. his main issue has and always will be output. he doesn't throw enough punches to beat guys he isn't beating up. to move fast he has to work hard and be explosive with his upper body. guys with good feet can move their hands fast without hardly putting anything on them. broner cannot do that, so he tires out. it's led to his counterpunching over everything style. and he's not floyd mayweather with accuraccy and sharpness and even a little power at WW. his defense isn't good neouhg to keep guys from throwing. he just doesn't output enough.

he had the talents to get to the world stage and do well, but neve rto come close to floyd mayweather. sorry, dude, you don't have it! you hit like a mule at 130 lbs when you fought 5'3" gavin rees [really, that guy might even be 5'2",] or jason litzau after he'd taken beatings. when you fight WW you're an average fighter, and your record shows.

coulda done better, never could have been a geat. he'd have needed to stay at 135 lbs and change completely how he fought., and neither of those things were going to happen.
    Agree with this.

and...No I don't think any fight ruined Broner. He never really showed the type of performance that made one believe that he could put it...whatever it would be for Broner....all together. For example, he lost fights arguably to Paulie, to Ponce De Leon, and even a few more I can't recall. He was getting his hand raised all right but compare his performance to Zab Judah before the fight with Zoo... Zab won almost 30 fights without many hitches...or Fernando Vargas who first lost to a near prime Trinidad... I could site so many other guys who were on the radar that made it way past Broner and still never fufilled a mythical potential.

Even one dimensional fighters who were looked at as having potential, guys like Tommy morrison, won 29 fights without a hitch before showing some problems. Broner by comparison could not even pick off the low hanging fruit! When he got exposed by Ponce it was his 21th fight. Even as a flyweight against someone with a chin and power one could see problems and... he was not going to be able to stay at that weight given his age.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
      Maidana also broke Victor Ortiz mentally.

There's something about being outmanned by an opponent that does something to a male's psyche. The thing with Maidana is that he is not very skilled. He is not fast. He doesn't really have defense. He is basically pure machismo. Cojones.

Even though Ortiz and Broner are both more skilled and more talented than him. They basically got out manned. Imagine you're about to run a train on a girl with your mate. And his dick is twice as big as yours. He looks at you and smiles. You will never be the same man again.

you don't come back from that.

I agree but the part about the dick isn’t correct because that is something you can’t control.

When Maidana outmanned and beat Broner, Broner had 2 choices to either accept the defeat come back stronger and rematch Maidana for his revenge and win and recover or go down a path where he would hide the pain deep in his brain and it would only come out when he would face adversity. It’s why he is so awful in fights.

On Ortiz fam I disagree. Ortiz when he fought Berto was a man possessed. If that same Ortiz fought Maidana he would have won but we have never seen him like that.

Broner has never ever been ina fight where he risked it all.

Comment

Broner is just too small for 147.

Mikey Garcia is doing the same mistake.

Comment

Hes just not very good. People thouhht the ponce de Leon fight was some sort of anomaly but it wasn't, thats the level hes at. He scraped past a shot to **** malignaggi too but whenever someone has an 0 they dismiss them sort of struggles. I dont understand the 'wasted talent'line of thinking, there was never elite talent hes struggled at every stage of his career

Comment

It's possible. The first time Broner's habit of gun-shyness revealed itself was against Sean Porter in 2015 and that was the first top-level opponent he fought after Maidana. I think his decline had been gradual since that point, it's not like he was suddenly a shadow of himself after that fight, in fact he looked pretty good against John Molina before he fought Porter. I just think that Maidana was the first one to crack Broner's armour and really expose his flaws and all his good opponents after that have exploited that more and more ruthlessly with each fight against good opposition making his weaknesses more and more apparent.

Comment

Incorrect. Khan broke both Broner and Ortiz. Both indirectly and directly.

Khan woke up the beast in Maidana after dropping his ass like a sack of shít and beating him clearly which ultimately lead to Broners downfall.

Khan also made a QUITTER of Victor Ortiz, softened him up and broke him mentally in the amateurs where he QUIT on his stool. Not many are even aware of this or the lies Ortiz tried to use to cover this embarrassment up.

Comment

A top boxer needs to have courage that can withstand and flourish in adversity, without that he can never be the best and sooner or later will experience a situation that cracks him and exposes that weakness. From then on he should be finished but for some strange reason Bromer is still treated as a pro which I find very strange. Must be an American thing.

Comment

He always was this sh.it

He barley won that fight against Ponce de Leon.

Ponce de Leon was K.Oed by Abner Mares and Juan Ma Lopez

Comment

he denied losing to garcia? really? that one too?

Comment

No. I think it was the Shawn Porter fight where he realized he wasn't that good. He spent the whole build up saying he was fighting a football player. Both Danny Garcia and Broner got a rude awakening losing to Porter.

Comment

Working...
                      X