Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come so many boxers and trainers praise Chris Algieri skills?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How come so many boxers and trainers praise Chris Algieri skills?

I keep reading here by Floyd fans, that Chris is a bum, no skills, no power, easy opponent etc.

Yet when top boxers or former boxers and trainers are asked about him they all say praises? I don't get it why does this guy get so much hate? he is a confident man with class and skill, he doesn't duck or dodge anyone and has heart will fight any man without fear.

Teddy Atlas = Chris Algieri is a very slick and good boxer with lots of heart
    Chris Byrd = Chris Algieri is a style problem for anyone that kid can fight

Adrien Broner = Algieri can box he is not an ordinary boxer he has skills (said it on Vlad TV)
    Brandon Rios (sparred Chris) = Algieri is very slick he has real skills hard to hit in sparring
    Marcos Maidana (sparred Chris) = Algieri is a very good boxer hard to hit and good movement
    Al Bernstein = Chris Algieri is the real deal
    Sergio Mora = says Algieri is underrated and has the confidence and skill to be a top fighter
    Mike Lee = said he loves studying Algieri, he has really good skills and movement that I try to use
    Walter Sarnoi = Chris is my favorite fighter right now
    Sharif Bogere = praises Algieri

There are others who sing praises about Chris Algieri and his skills and don't seem him as a scrub at all.

Well see people on here know more about boxing than world champions and world class trainers.

Comment

it's amazing that all these boxing writers and boxers who have witnessed and sparred algieri give him praise as the real deal yet these so called "boxing fans" trash him as if he's some sort of salka level opponent. algieri beat provodnikov far better than guys like bradley and herrera did. he is undefeated and a world champion and ranked in the top 3 at 140. he easily outboxed guys like maidana in sparring.

come fight night, algieri will show that he does indeed belong in teh ring with the top fighters from 140-147. i will be surprised if the fight isn't close.
      Last edited by Divine Hammer; 10-31-2014, 01:01 PM.

Comment

You're right. Algieri is gonna destroy Manny.

Comment

Because they get their jollies out of claiming Bob Arum is ruining boxing.

People would rather see a flat footed Danny Garcia get dominated by Pac over a guy who has a style that shown to give Pacquiao trouble in the past.
          Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 10-31-2014, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Why do you stereotype message board posters? I am a fan of Chris Algieri and Floyd Mayweather. I hope Chris beats Manny, he's got the skills, but the gap in experience is too wide IMO.

Comment

algieri got a gift against provodnikov. altho he did look good.
              but he won't be gifted against the well known pacman.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                Because they get their jollies out of claiming Bob Arum is ruining boxing.

People would rather see a flat footed Danny Garcia get dominated by Pac over a guy who has a style that shown to give Pacquiao trouble in the past.
                You need to be a good counter puncher to beat Pacquaio and Algeri isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  Why do you stereotype message board posters? I am a fan of Chris Algieri and Floyd Mayweather. I hope Chris beats Manny, he's got the skills, but the gap in experience is too wide IMO.
                  You are one of the exceptions.

Only ones who I see downgrading Chris happen to be Floyd diehards.

Even Teddy Atlas who hated Floyd vs Maidana 2 rematch and Garcia vs Salka calling them mismatches has no problem with Algieri.

Maybe Chris Byrd and these other boxers don't know anything about boxing?

My thing is why is Algieri so hated on here? The guy has real skills, I would love to see him in against guys like Garcia, Mattysse, Bradley, Marquez, he is a fresh face in boxing who really studies the sweet science of stick and move.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
                    it's amazing that all these boxing writers and boxers who have witnessed and sparred algieri give him praise as the real deal yet these so called "boxing fans" trash him as if he's some sort of salka level opponent. algieri beat provodnikov far better than guys like bradley and herrera did. he is undefeated and a world champion and ranked in the top 3 at 140. he easily outboxed guys like maidana in sparring.

come fight night, algieri will show that he does indeed belong in teh ring with the top fighters from 140-147. i will be surprised if the fight isn't close.
                    I like Algieri.

Problem with Algieri is half popularity. He was unknown to many and still is unknown to many. And to earn the shot at Pacquaio, he didn't even beat anyone notable at 147 lbs. He received a great gift because Top Rank has a very limited stable. But the irony is that, even though Pacquaio is CLEARLY a gift of a lifetime for Algieri, Algieri has a legitimate shot at beating him. I give him much more of a chance than a guy like Brandon Rios at least.

But this fight is not getting that much hate though around here. If you replaced Pacquaio with another certain fighter though, they'd be roasting him day and night about the selection nonstop everyday.

Comment

Working...
                    X