Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Golovkin team acting like Canelo is Sugar Ray Leonard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They were so use to bullying less talented fighters! When you stand up to a bully they suddenly stop looking intimidating. The same reason they duck Ward and will duck Mall Charlo!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
      Sanchez has and had a lot if good fighters but I see where you are coming from. If you watch tape if Golovkin as an amature he moved his head and used much more movement on the way in. Like you said where is Golovkin's inside game. He should get inside bang the body and rough Canelo up. With Canelo's stamina problems this would wear him down really fast. I have concerns about Sanchez and his boxing philosophy. It should be about the fighter not Sanchez..
      Just another Freddie Roach attention whore. Like all trainers...he is limited and rides the jockstrap of his boxer.

My favorite trainer is Nacho. Dude knows his boxing and doesnt blow himself. I also liked Brother Nazim for consistently identifying Achilles heels of opponents - not great at gameplans and developing strengths, but great at picking up on bad habits

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
        Show me where i said he did think this lol.
        It's mind games son but also one of the most inteligent fighters who ever lived was mind gamed in to fighting mexican style instead of speed and movement....yes leonard vs duran 1 so we don't know For sure do we....canelo has drug shame over him as well and that can also f@ck with his pride.
        Apologies, I didn't really express that I was agreeing with you that is just a ploy, mind games, as you said.

But surely Sanchez doesn't really think this is gonna work and Alvarez is just going to stand on front of GGG and trade shot for shot?!

Leonard-duran is a good example of when that worked though!

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillie View Post
          I like Canelo in this one but there is no way in hell I see him stopping GGG. Dude has an iron chin and too good stamina for that.
          At the end of the day, GGG is only human, and even though he is saying he didn't feel Canelo's punch as heavy, i believe he was hurt to the body in the first fight.

Any man can be hurt, and any man can be stopped, the main thing for me is that there are legitimate question marks around Canelo at the minute.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
            Apologies, I didn't really express that I was agreeing with you that is just a ploy, mind games, as you said.

But surely Sanchez doesn't really think this is gonna work and Alvarez is just going to stand on front of GGG and trade shot for shot?!

Leonard-duran is a good example of when that worked though!

Thanks.
            no worries bro

Comment

Canelo didn't run, he fought as smartly as he could given the circumstances presented to him. He hit Golovkin with several homerun shots but didn't even reach the warning track with them. He got tired and got out of harm's way. Trying to get Canelo to fight stupid, to stand and trade with Golovkin, is exactly what Abel should be doing. I don't think it will work but if hurt pride starts phking with Canelo's mind, it might.

Comment

Working...
              X