Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Tito have lasted 3 rounds with Julian Jackson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Tito have lasted 3 rounds with Julian Jackson?

I don't think so. Tito went down early sometimes, and with a crazy, menacing puncher like the Hawk landing, I can't see Trinidad lasting more than 9 minutes and that being generous. Anyone disagree?

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
    I don't think so. Tito went down early sometimes, and with a crazy, menacing puncher like the Hawk landing, I can't see Trinidad lasting more than 9 minutes and that being generous. Anyone disagree?
    Yes. Trinidad would sometimes go down but always recovered quickly. He also took tremendous punishment from Hopkins before he finally lost by TKO. Jackson on the other hand, didn't recover well when hurt and certainly not like Trinidad.

Trinidad might go down in the fight but I think he recovers and eventually stops Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
      Yes. Trinidad would sometimes go down but always recovered quickly. He also took tremendous punishment from Hopkins before he finally lost by TKO. Jackson on the other hand, didn't recover well when hurt and certainly not like Trinidad.

Trinidad might go down in the fight but I think he recovers and eventually stops Jackson.
      Trinidad never fought a monster puncher at 154 Jackson. He wouldn't recover nearly as quickly as he did vs the welterweights.

Comment

No, Tito wouldn't have lasted 3 rounds if Jackson got his big punches in early. Jackson was one of the hardest hitting middleweights in the history of boxing. Trinidad was never bigger than a 154 pounder and 160 was not his best weight. Still Trinidad was a great fighter and a huge puncher at 160 even though 154 was his best weight. Trinidad could KO Jackson if he got his bombs in first.

Comment

Yes, he could have. In fact, wouldn't surprise me if he KO'ed Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
            No way this fight wouldve made it past 5....Tito could be dropped but he got up and won each time he was dropped except versus Jones and Hopkins at 160 and 170.....Assuming this was at 154, I'd actually favor Tito. Jackson punched with bad intentions, Tito was more of a boxer puncher and had a better jab and straight right. Dare I say it, Jackson's hooks were more potent than Tito's. Titos edge in recovery time and durability would do in Jackson. They'd trade knockdowns but I favor Tito who showed he was sturdy and only stopped once, while Jackson suffered ko losses in almost all of his losses.

Comment

At 160 I favor Jackson because he was a true middleweight. At 154 I favor Trinidad who was a monster at that weight but Jackson was also a monster at 154. With two great punchers and all around fighters in the ring together either man could win by KO or get KOed at any time. Trinidad had the better left hook and one of the best left hooks in history. Jackson had his famous strait right which was much harder than Trinidad's hard strait right. Both men threw all types of punches with power but Jackson was the harder puncher at 160. In fact Jackson punched as hard as any middleweight and harder than most of them.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                No way this fight wouldve made it past 5....Tito could be dropped but he got up and won each time he was dropped except versus Jones and Hopkins at 160 and 170.....Assuming this was at 154, I'd actually favor Tito. Jackson punched with bad intentions, Tito was more of a boxer puncher and had a better jab and straight right. Dare I say it, Jackson's hooks were more potent than Tito's. Titos edge in recovery time and durability would do in Jackson. They'd trade knockdowns but I favor Tito who showed he was sturdy and only stopped once, while Jackson suffered ko losses in almost all of his losses.
                You know Trinidad very well. His durability was often underrated by many because he was often knocked down. What they forget is that he was back on his feet without even a count of one and back on the attack and he almost always KOed the guy who knocked him down. In a career of fighting the best only Hopkins stopped Trinidad. After reading what you said I think I would favor Trinidad in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  While I agree that Tito should rightly be favored simply on the fact that he was a better and more complete fighter. Also agree this fight is'nt going past 5 rounds lol. What a five rounds it would likely be though. I'm going to disagree on durability. At 154 Jackson lost one time and that was to McCallum by KO. Certainly not going to hold that against him. Also really if you look at his prime, he lost 3 times with McCallum stopping him and McClellan stopping him twice. Two dudes that could crack and had fantastic chins. While Jackson did'nt have a granite chin it was'nt glass by any stretch of the imagination. I guess really what I'm disagreeing with is that people think Tito could recover from getting clipped by Jackson. I just don't see that, if Jackson got ahold of him its lights out. I've never seen a guy with the power of Jackson outside of the heavyweights. This is a guy that took guys that were basicly at 100% faculties and could drop them into never never land in one punch and it would'nt even need to be a clean punch. The power he could generate in a short distance was just off the charts ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
                    While I agree that Tito should rightly be favored simply on the fact that he was a better and more complete fighter. Also agree this fight is'nt going past 5 rounds lol. What a five rounds it would likely be though. I'm going to disagree on durability. At 154 Jackson lost one time and that was to McCallum by KO. Certainly not going to hold that against him. Also really if you look at his prime, he lost 3 times with McCallum stopping him and McClellan stopping him twice. Two dudes that could crack and had fantastic chins. While Jackson did'nt have a granite chin it was'nt glass by any stretch of the imagination. I guess really what I'm disagreeing with is that people think Tito could recover from getting clipped by Jackson. I just don't see that, if Jackson got ahold of him its lights out. I've never seen a guy with the power of Jackson outside of the heavyweights. This is a guy that took guys that were basicly at 100% faculties and could drop them into never never land in one punch and it would'nt even need to be a clean punch. The power he could generate in a short distance was just off the charts ridiculous.
                    it doesnt seem like we disagree about anything lol....I use to favor Jackson but he fought a lot of no names and he struggled with decent boxers.

That one punch kayo power was pure....Tito could take you out with one punch but not with the regularity of Jackson.

Tito could recover, it just depends on how the punch lands...if it lands clean with Tito's chin exposed like that Herol Graham kayo, he wont get up.

This fight wouldve been a great 3 fight series because either guy could take the other out at any time.

Comment

Working...
                    X