No announcement yet.

Canelo/GGG 2 ppv sales

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo/GGG 2 ppv sales

1.1 mill according to ESPN. Less than the first fight. Still a good number but thought it wouldve been higher, tbh. HBO wont release figures cause Golden Boy is not allowing them to.

I think it did great considering that the first wasn't exactly a barn burner and the result left a bad taste for most.

Comment

Wilder/Fury should equal or surpassed that number.

Comment

I guess the diva refusing to promote the fight had an effect

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          I think it did great considering that the first wasn't exactly a barn burner and the result left a bad taste for most.
          ^ This in a nutshell. Good post.

And if they fight again, it will be even lower.

Comment

Impressive for Canelo, three straight fights above 1M PPV buys. 1.2M Chavez, 1.3M Golovkin I, 1.1M Golovkin II.

Comment

I think it had the 5th biggest gate in history.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                Impressive for Canelo, three straight fights above 1M PPV buys. 1.2M Chavez, 1.3M Golovkin I, 1.1M Golovkin II.
                what a surprise that he got the decision that 80 percent of people scored for ggg or a draw. just luck!

Comment

Great numbers made more then the first fight. According to fat boy Dan the difference was the price increase. PPV was $85-100 this time depending if you did SD or HD and where you bought it. That means if everyone only bought the $85 at minimum it generated more then $94M. The live gate was $23,473,500 for fourth biggest in boxing and Nevada history. The first fight generated 110M from live gate and PPV.

Also these numbers only include ppvs bought from cable and satellite providers doesn't include streaming digital ppv sales. Fat boy Dan says there was a 25% increase in those sales from the first fight. Seems logical that 1 year later there is more cord cutters and that's how they bought it if you don't have a cable plan.

Comment

1.1 million buys at $85 per buy is a lot.

Comment

Working...
                    X