Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

15 yard penalty for kneeling during National Anthem?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
    i know a bunch of libs are gonna lie right now

who here would allow their employees to do personal shlt on company time ????

raise those lying paws
    You can be fired from your job for no reason at all in the U.S., so, imagine being embroiled in some kind of controversy by just standing somewhere, where your picture gets taken and gets plastered all over social media yet you didn't commit an actual crime.

Comment

Originally posted by 5burowz View Post
      You can be fired from your job for no reason at all in the U.S., so, imagine being embroiled in some kind of controversy by just standing somewhere, where your picture gets taken and gets plastered all over social media yet you didn't commit an actual crime.

theyre making it hard to fire on no grounds (which is wrong). those i's and t's have to be dotted and crossed.
      if you work for a high profile company, you better make sure every memo you plan on handing out gets blessed from up above.

a crime to the particular company is still a crime. some companies make its employees sign book sized contracts

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post

I got a clause in my contract to not do stupid **** both at work and in private that may impact the public perception of BofA Merrill lynch. .
        Sounds awful--the part of not having the right to do what you want privately.

Comment

Originally posted by 5burowz View Post
          Sounds awful--the part of not having the right to do what you want privately.
          PTI ....

if an employee is working part time for the competition....

or if said employee is a member of a hate group.......

not ''fair'' but i understand

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
            Jerry Jones, of all people, is right on this.

He's saying the owners need to concentrate on football, as that's what fans want to see when they tune into a football game.

People don't tune into sports to see a political rally. If they wanted to watch a political rally, they'd tune into things like cable news.
            For once I actually agree with you but isn't playing the national anthem and having military jets fly over a stadium in itself a political thing

I mean what's really the point of playing the national anthem before a game between Jacksonville and New Orleans

Comment

Originally posted by BlakBread904 View Post

I'd prefer if the NFL (and all major sports) discontinued the pre-game ritual of flag worship with the anthem. It's silly as hell.
              The military industrial complex paid the NFL millions of dollars for this:

https://thinkprogress.org/nfl-dod-na...-6f682cebc7cd/

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                For once I actually agree with you but isn't playing the national anthem and having military jets fly over a stadium in itself a political thing
                It's a patriotic thing.

I mean what's really the point of playing the national anthem before a game between Jacksonville and New Orleans
                It's obviously a tradition.

How long, I couldn't tell you.

It's been this way since I started watching sports, and I'm 46.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                  It's a patriotic thing.

It's obviously a tradition.

How long, I couldn't tell you.

It's been this way since I started watching sports, and I'm 46.
                  It's a totalitarian thing and it's only done by dictators as a show of force no other country does that for local games except for North Korea or Russia

If you want to take politics out of sports then take this nationalism out of sports unless you're playing in or against a foreign country

Comment

Because voluntary military enrollment is way down, and this is a way to bolster support. They tie it to sports because they know how near and dear sports is to Americana. Pulling at people's heart strings thru sporting events.

https://www.politico.com/agenda/the-...joining-000005

So we can then send those boys and girls over to foreign lands to foment war when someone like Sadam Hussein wants to start selling his oil using EU currency and not the U.S. dollar. U.S. imperialism is dependent on other countries using the U.S. dollar in trade--specifically in oil trade.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                      It's a totalitarian thing and it's only done by dictators as a show of force no other country does that for local games except for North Korea or Russia
                      non sequitur

These are private sector sporting events, not Government military parades.

They asked the Gov't to fly the planes over, have service-people sing the Anthem, etc.

You're also confusing nationalism with patriotism.

Comment

Working...
                      X