Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you give Spence a good chance to beat Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
    .....if Floyd comes back and takes on Spence instead of that pathetic match-up with Conor. No tune ups, Floyd just steps into the ring with this young hungry lion in his comeback fight. Would you favor Spence or is Floyd still too good??
    FMJ is too smart in the ring for Spence IMO.

Comment

Yea i would give spence a good shot. Due to his size power and speed, he would dwarf mayweather in there. Or mayweather would outbox him like he does to everyone else, id give spence a good chance though. Would love to see it instead of the conor ****show.

Comment

I cannot believe some of the posts in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by cammoking123 View Post
          Spence has got nothing for Floyd. Mayweather would time and counter him all night, Spence would spend the whole fight eating jabs and check hooks
          Floyd no longer has the legs to keep spence at bay for 12 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
            Spence is basically a fast handed margarita, and he stands like a slick boxer, so people overlook his flaws. He is easy to hit, and isnt really technically sound. Has enough speed and power to get by but he looks sloppy in all of his fights imo.

I think Floyd would be too fast and instinctive for him. Even at this age.
            He is easy to make contact with, but not easy to hit. A lot of Brook's punches hit gloves, elbows and arms, especially his uppercuts. After Brook landed one or two he was unable to use that attack again because of Spence's tight guard.

Also, punch stats throughout his career and even in the Brook fight disagree with this 'easy to hit' myth that people have created around Spence.

Also, Floyd, except for when he fought Dela Hoya, Corrales, and Phillip Ndou, always had a reach advantage due to his ridiculously long arms, but Spence has the same reach as he does and he has height too, on top of that a very good jab, so it would be difficult for Floyd no doubt when you add the power, stamina, and activity of Spence.

Oh ya Floyd always had the stamina advantage too, guy absolutely doesn't gas, but Spence doesn't gas either, and he's a southpaw too.

Not saying Spence would win though, am just saying it would be a close fight.
            Last edited by Sledgeweather17; 06-01-2017, 01:39 AM.

Comment

I think everyone should give a chance to make his mistakes right...

Comment

I remember a few posters thought Porter would be too much for Floyd a while back...hhmmm

Remember that guys like Spadafora and Peterson gave Floyd hell in sparring too.

Comment

Good lord Spence beats brook immediately after he was demolished by GGG and all a sudden he beats an all time great hall of fame like floyd? Brook is at best the 5th best welterweight and the first top 10 ranked fighter he ever faced and again brook was a compromised fighter because the weight jump and beating he took. Worry about him beating Thurman and the rest of the top guys in his weight. Floyd would outsmart and toy with him.

This is almost as bad as GGG fangirls saying he beats hopkins, Roy Jones and list of all time greats just because he beat lemieux. SMH
                  Last edited by bigdunny1; 06-01-2017, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Floyd will never fight Spence, in the same way he will never fight guys like Thurman, Porter or even Peterson.

He wants an irish brawler, an old Puerto Rican, a drained Mexican or a shot to pieces Haitian.

If he is Black and dangerous, Floyd don't want to know , doe.

Comment

I think Spence would have a great chance of beating Floyd. Thurman, Kell Brook and a few other top welterweights would have just as good of a chance. Thurman is the best of the lot in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X