Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Breazeale: Ugonoh 'Has to Pay' for My Loss to Anthony Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
    Big win by Breazeale! Got off the floor again to win. The power was the difference.
    Power wasnt the differance it was the ability to absorb more punishment which played into the slow starter Breazeale and he KNEW he had too wheather the first few rounds as Izu slows and eventually the heavy hands would find its mark . Had he been ten pounds lighter i think Breazeale k.os Izu in 3 rounds had the same scenario played out . I was HIGHLY confidant he would win being i also GAVE Breazeale pointers from my view ( Izu had one MAJOR flaw )and i was the ONLY guy doing it over the net !

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
      Power wasnt the differance it was the ability to absorb more punishment which played into the slow starter Breazeale and he KNEW he had too wheather the first few rounds as Izu slows and eventually the heavy hands would find its mark . Had he been ten pounds lighter i think Breazeale k.os Izu in 3 rounds had the same scenario played out . I was HIGHLY confidant he would win being i also GAVE Breazeale pointers from my view ( Izu had one MAJOR flaw )and i was the ONLY guy doing it over the net !
      Breazeale has heart & can take a hell of a shot but he dropped him hard with some nice power punches just like he broke Mansour's jaw. The guy can punch & it's not like anyone knew how good Ugonoh was as he had never fought anyone higher than trialhorse level. His toughest fight was Julius Long. He never been hit by anyone who can punch. It was a big step up & he wilted when he saw Breazeale could take his best shot, get up & keep coming. Ugonoh looked to have some skills & a nice arsenal of punches but none of his fights (I got 5 against weak opposition) gave anyone any indication he could take a legit HW's punch. Like you said the tougher guy won but they obviously rushed him. He had no experience going rounds against a durable journeyman except for a fight with the big & awkward Julius Long. Unless he shows he can take a big HW punch he will just end up like David Price. It will be interesting to see how he does in his next step up fight.

Comment

Lol at all you false predictions thinking Ugo was going to win, though he was the clear favorite going in so it's understandable.

Comment

Breazeale has heart & can take a hell of a shot but he dropped him hard with some nice power punches just like he broke Mansour's jaw. The guy can punch & it's not like anyone knew how good Ugonoh was as he had never fought anyone higher than trialhorse level. His toughest fight was Julius Long. He never been hit by anyone who can punch. It was a big step up & he wilted when he saw Breazeale could take his best shot, get up & keep coming. Ugonoh looked to have some skills & a nice arsenal of punches but none of his fights (I got 5 against weak opposition) gave anyone any indication he could take a legit HW's punch. Like you said the tougher guy won but they obviously rushed him. He had no experience going rounds against a durable journeyman except for a fight with the big & awkward Julius Long. Unless he shows he can take a big HW punch he will just end up like David Price. It will be interesting to see how he does in his next step up fight.
          Breazeale would never get those shots off had he not had the chin which required him getting past rnd two. It was a big factor morso than who hit harder . We all knew Breazeale had the better chin and Izu hit harder . I liked Breazeale in this fight based on he fought Joshua already and even though Joshua took his time there was Literally nothing Breazeale wasnt ready for ,he knew the blitz was coming and it played out in his favor (barely )

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
            Breazeale would never get those shots off had he not had the chin which required him getting past rnd two. It was a big factor morso than who hit harder . We all knew Breazeale had the better chin and Izu hit harder . I liked Breazeale in this fight based on he fought Joshua already and even though Joshua took his time there was Literally nothing Breazeale wasnt ready for ,he knew the blitz was coming and it played out in his favor (barely )
            He also had some tough fights with Kassi & Mansour. He got off the canvas against Mansour. So the experience factor was in his favour for sure because he had already dealt with some adversity in all 3 of those fights prior to last night. I'm not so certain Izu hit harder because DB can punch. Breazeale was a little heavy last night so his conditioning looked a little off. IU was blowing out less then stellar opposition. Last night he ran into a guy who could take his best punch. IU is a pretty solid 6'5 238 so I would like to see him fight a few more decent fighters like Washington, Kassi, Chisora, etc. It's hard to really say how good he is as he failed his first test. He's got the fire power by the looks of it but so does David Price. The question is can he take a big punch & not run out of gas by the 5th round? We will see in the coming year or so.
            Last edited by joe strong; 02-26-2017, 11:46 AM.

Comment

He also had some tough fights with Kassi & Mansour. He got off the canvas against Mansour. So the experience factor was in his favour for sure because he had already dealt with some adversity in all 3 of those fights prior to last night. I'm not so certain Izu hit harder because DB can punch. Breazeale was a little heavy last night so his conditioning looked a little off. IU was blowing out less then stellar opposition. Last night he ran into a guy who could take his best punch. IU is a pretty solid 6'5 238 so I would like to see him fight a few more decent fighters like Washington, Kassi, Chisora, etc. It's hard to really say how good he is as he failed his first test. He's got the fire power by the looks of it but so does David Price. The question is can he take a big punch & not run out of gas by the 5th round? We will see in the coming year or so.
              Going off video footage i believe Izu has more concussive power that has more power behind it . DB can wear you down morso with accumulation ,as he did to Mansour evently stopping him and getting to him. Breazeale should not fight at 260's . He made the fight harder for himself . A lesser chin would have folded and DB at least has to be considered a top guy in that category .

Comment

Originally posted by bboy80 View Post
                Or leaving the fridge alone lol.
                That too lol

Comment

Working...
                X