Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roberto Duran is incomprehensibly great.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duran beating Leonard has to be in contention for best win ever. What a lumping amazing fighter he was. I could seriously watch the way he would bait fighters up close into exactly the punches he wanted them to throw all day.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Duran beating Leonard has to be in contention for best win ever. What a lumping amazing fighter he was. I could seriously watch the way he would bait fighters up close into exactly the punches he wanted them to throw all day.
      I can't think of a win better than Duran taking a clear decision over Leonard at his best weight, in his prime.

Most would consider Leonard top 10 P4P and top 3 at worst at welter. So moving up from lightweight and beating him up would definitely be my pick.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
        For my money, this is one of the best fights of all time. Wow.
        Definitely my favourite fight ever and the fight I've seen the most by far, incredible bout.

Comment

Not as great as Leonard over Hagler or Ali over Foreman, but that's me.

Armstrong over Ross deserves consideration as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Fasttimes View Post
            Not as great as Leonard over Hagler or Ali over Foreman, but that's me.

Armstrong over Ross deserves consideration as well.
            Although Leonard was amazing in that fight, he clearly lost so how could you put that above others?

Comment

Fighting the Fab Four all while past his physical prime.

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
                Although Leonard was amazing in that fight, he clearly lost so how could you put that above others?
                Clearly

Leonard won.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                  Still... the fact that he was even remotely competitive against Hagler is amazing. Does anyone think that Pacquiao would be competitive with Hopkins at 160?
                  This isn't even close to being the same thing imo. With that said Duran is a great fighter and has always been looked at as such.

Comment

Incomprehensibly great, indeed.

A top 10 ATG.

Comment

Just imagine how great he could have been if he would have stayed away from the booze and partying!!

If he would have come in every fight at 100%...all I can say is wow! I bet he has no regrets though as he certainly knew how to live it up!hehe

Comment

Working...
                      X