No announcement yet.

We have got to stop hyping fighters so fast

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
    Yet Brook has done far more than Spence and crucially has proven himself more by fighting and beating higher caliber opposition than Spence has at this point. What I said stands, right now Spence is nothing but hype. He needs to justify his hype by beating top fighters in division and in brutal fashion.
    Brook hasn't done shit. He's got one good win. That's it. At least Spence is still a prospect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
      Yup. Let's stop hyping up guys like Spence and Crawford(2 guys that I actually like) also.
      I am not hyping either one..try again

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        no you do not, dont chat **** here boy or ill embarrass you like i always do
        I am a boxing fan..you on the other hand seem only interested in trying to randomly insult people who like fighters you dont....grow up son

Comment

• Getting excited for prospects and following their development is a huge part of boxing for me. I agree with larry x.. that we shouldnt go crazy with predictions of greatness and they are going to beat this guy or that guy.

But hype is fun as long as you dont take it too seriously. One of my favourite moments on here was when Guillermo Rigondeaux schooled Donaire due to the build up on here and the fallout afterwards. Im sure it was the same for Garcia fans after Matthysse.

I followed Sam Eggington (the guy in my avi) for a few years before he got his big domestic fight vs Bradley Skeete. Similar to Williams he came up way short in that fight (via 12rnd schooling rather than KO), but kept with him and was rewarded when he battered Frankie Gavin into submission a few months ago. Those moments are what make the sport.

I hope one day I get the same feeling watching Julian take a world title. Maybe I wont, but thats just life.

Comment

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
            Brook hasn't done shit. He's got one good win. That's it. At least Spence is still a prospect.
            And that's all he is a prospect. Brook's resume is poor but he has fought higher level opponents including 2 top fighters in Porter and GGG. Spence hasn't even fought one top fighter yet.

Comment

• Could we all agree that Crawford is over hyped.

Comment

• Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
                I am not hyping either one..try again
                Bruh!! Quit bull****ting!

Let's not remind you when Spence beat Algeri.

Comment

• Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
                  I made that mistake with Broner, Charlo beat J-Rock woh has literally beaten no one..so why was J-Rock hyped so much? i dont get it, and Charlo didnt look like some great elite fighter in the fight either. I think we as boxing fans get a little to damn excited after fights. Sure at 26 this is a fight he had to win and a i applaud him for it and will say he is on the right path. But is he fights Canelo next i see it being a brutal night for him. There are levels in this sport and Canelo is an Elite well crafted fighter and Charlo seems to be a couple levels below. I wish the young man much success but lets stop hyping these damn kids up so fast and let them grow as fighters
                  Have to agree, man, but on the other hand there's nothing wrong with guys getting excited about new talent. Just cos some of us are older, wiser and probably a bit more jaded you can't expect dudes to learn the lesson without getting burnt. Where's the fun in that?

Anyways there's sometimes more excitement in the uncertainty of not being sure... there's only so many thrills to be had in watching a Mayweather masterclass or a Golovkin beatdown when you pretty much know the result before the fight even starts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                    Bruh!! Quit bull****ting!

Let's not remind you when Spence beat Algeri.
                    I have said SEVERAL times BOTH still have a lot more to prove

Comment

• Many folks desperately wanted to believe Charlo was a hype job (for whatever reason) so they used Jrock as a foil, the hipster pick like they knew something everybody else didn't. Somebody that Charlo was supposed to be scared of because he's a hype job. Something like that. Doesn't matter that he knocked out Jrock, somebody else will be held over his head. Repeat ad nauseam.

Comment

Working...
                      X