Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking down Boxers new and old

Hey guys,
    http://imgur.com/gallery/7cIcO
    In the past month or two I have been writing techincal breakdowns of boxers new and old. Since this is classic i'm going to post the articles I have done on fighters who are now retired here. I've only done 2 so far but I promise that my next one will end up here as well. Well, as soon as I finish it.

Breaking down Mike Tyson-http://imgur.com/gallery/z09XO
    Breaking down James Toney-http://imgur.com/gallery/7cIcO

If you enjoy them please leave an upvote at the bottom and I will gladly answer any questions you guys might have.
    Last edited by escudo; 09-04-2016, 12:32 AM.

Thanks for that I really enjoyed them. Jirov was one tough mofo.

Comment

Originally posted by classicbuzzbox View Post
      Thanks for that I really enjoyed them. Jirov was one tough mofo.
      Took an absolute beating in that fight and was never quite the same afterward. But he just never stopped coming forward.

Comment

Is James Toney actually retired? I know he fought last year, which I guess was considered a comeback, his Wiki page mentioned a January fight from this year, which I guess didn't happen. So probably is retired by now. I know it was a few months after his last 2011 fight that we knew for sure Holyfield was retired. Holy will be eligible for the Hall of Fame next summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
          Is James Toney actually retired? I know he fought last year, which I guess was considered a comeback, his Wiki page mentioned a January fight from this year, which I guess didn't happen. So probably is retired by now. I know it was a few months after his last 2011 fight that we knew for sure Holyfield was retired. Holy will be eligible for the Hall of Fame next summer.
          Who really knows with a guy like Toney. He just loves to fight. I had no idea Roberto Duran fought until the early 2000's until I started researching him a bit more.

Some guys just keep going until the wheels fall off, sadly.

Comment

Thank you so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Keleneki View Post
              Thank you so much.
              No problem, if you enjoy my stuff please follow me on twitter escudonbk10

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                Hi Anthony,

this is Billeaudeau hope you are well.

Toney just likes to fight, He will probably always be looking for a fight now and then...even when he can hardly walk. Last I saw him a few years back he still had his skills, but shouldn't be fighting competatively at the high level.

Comment

Yeah and Roy Jones has fought more recently than Toney. It seems like they're two more guys who will probably be dragged from boxing kicking and screaming sometime in their 50s.

Comment

It is time for a Toney/Jones rematch. Each man should make fifty million, if they hurry.

Comment

Working...
                    X