No announcement yet.

denis boytsov vs alex leapai nov 23

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• denis boytsov vs alex leapai nov 23

boytsov the WBO #1 ranked heavyweight against the WBO #9 ranked leapai. leapai's WBO Asian pacific belt is on the line. boytsov hasn't fought any top contenders but he has beaten a few good American journeymen in maddalone, gavern, Hawkins & Dominick guinn. alex leapai fits that same journeyman criteria. he has 2 WBO regional belts giving him the #9 spot. kevin Johnson beat him awhile back. boytsov can't afford to lose & this is a good opponent to stay busy on. leapai does have good power so boytsov will need to be smart but there is no reason he should lose to this guy. big opportunity for alex leapai. if he wins this fight he could be in line for a title shot or at the very least an eliminator bout. if he beats boytsov I could see wlad giving him a shot.

alex leapai fights
    http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=571878
    denis boytsov fights
    http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=571670
    boytsov
    69.23%
    leapai
    30.77%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by joe strong; 11-09-2013, 08:25 AM.

I think its more of a case of how will Denis win not will he win.I read somewhere Wladimir is looking at defending against Boytsov before his Pulev mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp'sDream View Post
      I think its more of a case of how will Denis win not will he win.I read somewhere Wladimir is looking at defending against Boytsov before his Pulev mandatory.
      boytsov hasn't fought about C+ level yet... wlad would easily swat him aside...

Comment

Are they fighting in Europe or... is it Oz or NZ Laipai fights out of?

Boystov's handlers better not let him to to Laipais hometown.... have you guys seen the Travis Walker fight? Laipai was out on his feet most of the round, and then he threw a couple punches back, mostly missed, with Walker on the ropes, and they waved it off as a KO victory for Laipai. One of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
          Are they fighting in Europe or... is it Oz or NZ Laipai fights out of?

Boystov's handlers better not let him to to Laipais hometown.... have you guys seen the Travis Walker fight? Laipai was out on his feet most of the round, and then he threw a couple punches back, mostly missed, with Walker on the ropes, and they waved it off as a KO victory for Laipai. One of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen.

things are a little shady in that region. it's in Germany...

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
            boytsov hasn't fought about C+ level yet... wlad would easily swat him aside...
            Agreed,a Klitschko loss on your resume isnt the end of the world though,usually the beginning actually,it helps put a few guys on the map IMO,take Wach and Pianeta,taking a beatdown has probably helped their careers,folk know who they are now.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp'sDream View Post
              Agreed,a Klitschko loss on your resume isnt the end of the world though,usually the beginning actually,it helps put a few guys on the map IMO,take Wach and Pianeta,taking a beatdown has probably helped their careers,folk know who they are now.
              good paycheck too...

Comment

should be a good scrap. will see if leapai can pull the upset or if boytsov does what he is suppose to do & take leapai out... leapai is #9 in WBO & a win would put him in the top 5. if he won i bet wlad would give him a voluntary

Comment

haha you're kidding right? Leapai is straight hot GARBAGE. Boytsov will get him outta there in 2-3 rounds, maybe even KO 1. Easy work

Comment

Originally posted by kardsufur View Post
                    haha you're kidding right? Leapai is straight hot GARBAGE. Boytsov will get him outta there in 2-3 rounds, maybe even KO 1. Easy work
                    leapai has power but little else. seen him in a few good journeymen scraps. he is the WBO #9. he picked them vacant belts up after Cameron vacated them when he fought danny green.

Comment

Working...
                    X