Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muhammad Ali Range Control Highlights.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muhammad Ali Range Control Highlights.

Last edited by salem-no1; 12-28-2017, 11:25 AM.

Originally posted by salem-no1 View Post

Highlight video I made a few weeks back on how Ali controls range. RIP Champ.
    If mayweather does it, they call it hugging lol.

Comment

Yea same with both klitschko's.

Comment

RIP The Greatest. It would have been interesting if he had learned to fight at close range but he used the clinch to rest every other round anyways as he got older and lost stamina. They say that evolution doesn't favor the strongest, but those best at adapting to new situations.

Comment

Originally posted by salem-no1
          Thanks for the comment bro, I think he fought at close range real well, he would control the fuk out of opponents gloves, and if he didnt like what was going on he would tie them up, or move and reset. See the Ali Vs Forman fight great example.
          I guess I should have specified. He was a master at fighting defensively at close range, but he was couldn't really do much damage there. The most damage I think he ever did at close range was during the last rounds of Ali vs Frazier 3. Ali vs Foreman he had amazing defense but he never even stunned him with those quick strikes he would sneak in (And it's not like they were pressed together or clinched when he threw them) until he finally turned him and got some distance to throw.

So he was great at close in defense and then creating distance out of that, but he couldn't stay in close and deal out punishment like Roberto Duran. He played to his strengths and found a way to turn his weakness into another strength. Guy was amazing.

Comment

Working...
          X