Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spence “I’ll Never Betray Al, sets us up for retirement..” explains PBC Model

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PBC plantation model is a good one, slaves fight and Al Gaymon makes his money

Comment

So ducking Crawford I see.

I'm kidding. That's one thing I respect about Haymon is that none of his fighters, current or former ever badmouth him. He takes care of his fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
        That's all good. The question I have for Al is: Why is Gervonta rotting on the shelf?
        hes what? 24?

guy has been main support on a ppv that did over 2 million buys...guy has a belt...has headlined on showtime a couple of times already...has sold out in his hometown....and has a belt... at 24

how many other guys have done that?

Comment

Spence is a damn good fighter and a damn good man and loyal.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
            That's all good. The question I have for Al is: Why is Gervonta rotting on the shelf?
            Mayweather is why...he knows Tank is not elite and will get exposed eventually!!!...

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              Spence is a damn good fighter and a damn good man and loyal.
              2 of those 3 things are correct. He's been really starting to rub me the wrong way, especially in the build up to the Porter fight.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm Widdit! View Post
                It’s probably the reason why Haymon made Floyd his project/guinea pig aside from his 10% cuts on all fighters. Seeing how Floyd splurged on money it was always imperative for Haymon to set him up with big fights post Oscar. I’m more than sure it was all Haymon’s doing for the Marquez and Canelo weights since Floyd’s undefeated reputation is what kept Haymon’s partial income a float. It explains the redundancy in PBC in-house design like Top Rank.

A lot of these fighters have a father and a manager whom ideally would know the concept of financial advisory for their boxer/son.

Haymon feeds off fighters whom are insecure or gullible when it comes to money, which is why Floyd was the proxy for Haymon to exploit for other fighters.

“I want to thank Al Haymon” x 100 seems like a protocol from what Haymon asks his fighters to do.

For what it’s worth, Eddie Hearn ain’t perfect, but we gotta give him credit for Matchroom USA giving American fighters an income. 100mil for Wilder and Hearn is the enemy?

Let me repeat...$100mil

Let me repeat again...$100mil

It’s amazing how many PBC fighters fear Al, to go against the grain
                Floyd earned so much money, and was convinced to put so much of his money away in investment assets, that he's basically been on vacation for the last two years straight, living off of his mailbox money.

Paul Williams fought some really good fights, but the man didn't get paid monster money and Haymon was still able to set things up for him that he could get cut down at the age of 21 yet still have enough mailbox money coming in to not have to worry about paying for **** the rest of his life.

Folks will **** up (no idea what Broner's pocket is looking like, but the stories aren't helping), but folks will also see and here what Haymon has helped folks do, and move accordingly.

Haymon will get you an opportunity (a TV opportunity if the spot opens up), he won't mess with your money early on where every fighter is struggling, and he'll let you and your camp move at whatever pace you feel comfortable moving (until you're looking at big enough fights to require agreement from both camps).

And he won't hold you hostage over your deal if you feel you can find better elsewhere.

DAZN just went public with their "the days of us paying fighters top dollar is over", yet you want to talk about Hearn paying fighters an income?!

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                  DAZN just went public with their "the days of us paying fighters top dollar is over", yet you want to talk about Hearn paying fighters an income?!
                  I said Hearn got a company, DAZN, to offer Wilder $100mil. And what’s wrong with that? PBC diehards have an insecurity for sharing. Yeah AJ and Hearn benefit and get a good pay for the Wilder fights and so does Wilder. The $100mil is gone! This is why we troll that Ruiz got the shine and he did. Now if Ruiz gets KO’d, we might see a Trilogy. It’s the money Wilder missed out on. Fury’s eye cut ain’t going to help the situation either

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
                    PBC plantation model is a good one, slaves fight and Al Gaymon makes his money
                    And all those slaves would whoop you and anyone in your poverty family not to mention they’re all richer than you lol

Comment

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post
                      If you're not half an idiot, a decent/good fighter would have set himself up for retirement from the get go.
                      To be fair...a lot of these guys come from backgrounds where they have very little idea of how to invest or even what investing is.

If Al is just helping them by being a pseudo financial adviser that can actually really benefit a lot of those guys.

Originally posted by I'm Widdit! View Post
                      I will say I have never really seen an Al Haymon fighter, past or present, bash him...he must be a pretty good dude and helping his fighters, otherwise we would have seen the other side of him by now.

But also I think that some of the cards/fights he puts on are pretty poor with his stable, but that criticism could be leveled at any promoter/group...they are all managing their guys carefully and sometimes that means avoiding the best fights...I am glad the guys at 147 are finally starting to mix it up though.

Comment

Working...
                      X