Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have white American fans sold out to eastern European fighters because they are white

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by //// View Post
    Who aren't necessarily all that good... But still better than anything America has to offer?

Do you think the US made a conscious decision to be relegated to welterweights and ****? Nah they got outclassed everywhere else
    The point I am making is there are a lot boxers who are on par or as just as good as any boxing fan favorite out there but they get no shine or love from boxing fans because they were not born from their particular nationality or ethnic group.

It's almost like they want to see them fail. I don't recall this much hatred and hostility towards African American boxers since the days of Jack Johnson; The first Black heavyweight champion of the world, which I find to be very shameful and despicable.

It's like boxing has become the new modern day racism of 2016. I am speaking more in terms of the minority boxers; Who seems to be the most envied, hated and reviled by all boxing fans but loved by the casuals because casuals aren't biased. They notice good boxing talent when they see it and tend to judge it on its merits as opposed to some political agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
      The point I am making is there are a lot boxers who are on par or as just as good as any boxing fan favorite out there but they get no shine or love from boxing fans because they were not born from their particular nationality or ethnic group.

It's almost like they want to see them fail. I don't recall this much hatred and hostility towards African American boxers since the days of Jack Johnson; The first Black heavyweight champion of the world, which I find to be very shameful and despicable.

It's like boxing has become the new modern day racism of 2016. I am speaking more in terms of the minority boxers; Who seems to be the most envied, hated and reviled by all boxing fans but loved by the casuals because casuals aren't biased. They notice good boxing talent when they see it and tend to judge it on its merits as opposed to some political agenda.
      The only "minority" boxers I see getting that much hate are the Black ones.

Truth be told much of the hate toward Black fighters comes from other so-called minorities.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
        The only "minority" boxers I see getting that much hate are the Black ones.

Truth be told much of the hate toward Black fighters comes from other so-called minorities
        That's very true and I agree. Moreover, it's very sad at the same time, since these groups should all be standing up and fighting the legacies of prejudice, discrimination, persecution, injustice and inequality and not being pitted against one another over some boxing political agenda.

Comment

Working...
        X