Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malignaggi: Bellew Was Clever & Good; Usyk Was Very Frustrated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
    Some on here have been ignoring the fact that the heavily favored Usyk struggled mightily against a flaccid, over the hill, Bellew who had to cut about 40 pounds just to make cruiser.

Instead, they’d rather pretend that he accomplished some amazing feat, and is now ready for Joshua.
    Bingo !!!

Comment

'Frustrated' probably isn't the word that I would use haha
      Usyk was struggling no doubt but it hardly seemed to be making him emotional or reckless in anyway. Does Usyk actually HAVE emotions?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
        Imagine what Ward would do to him?

Hug, headbutt and clinch?

Comment

We've got many posters on here claiming it was Usyk's strategy to get hit and lose rounds. That's how ****ing stupid a lot of boxing fans are.

Comment

Originally posted by GAME OVER View Post
            Hug, headbutt and clinch?
            Adding another Dub!

Comment

Usyk was cautious to start the fight . . . not sure he even threw a real punch in the first round. Not much more in second. But little by little he started throwing and as time went on he took control.

It isn't like Bellew is a tomato can. He is a solid fighter. Usyk took his time and then dismantled him. He was never in trouble once in the fight. There's no one below 200 pounds that is going to beat him IMO. It will be tough to go against HW but if he does every boxing fan should be excited to see what he can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                We've got many posters on here claiming it was Usyk's strategy to get hit and lose rounds. That's how ****ing stupid a lot of boxing fans are.
                So are you going to throw in Floyd fans into that too? I heard a lot of that regarding the McGregor fight.

Regarding Usyk I think what he was doing was simply figuring out how to approach Bellew. He wasn't purposely trying to lose the early rounds but it wasn't his goal to win them more than developing his plan of attack. I am not sure he even threw one meaningful punch in the first round and didn't do much more than that in the second. There's no way he could have won either round IMO just because of pure punch volume.

Comment

Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
                  So are you going to throw in Floyd fans into that too? I heard a lot of that regarding the McGregor fight.

Regarding Usyk I think what he was doing was simply figuring out how to approach Bellew. He wasn't purposely trying to lose the early rounds but it wasn't his goal to win them more than developing his plan of attack. I am not sure he even threw one meaningful punch in the first round and didn't do much more than that in the second. There's no way he could have won either round IMO just because of pure punch volume.
                  That was an exhibition fight and apart from one shot Mayweather didn't get hit. Comparing an exhibition to a world title fight is moronic.

You're disrespecting Bellew. Usyk was obviously trying to win the rounds but was getting countered. He later realised Bellew throws singles and 1-2s and he could get through by throwing combo's.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    That was an exhibition fight and apart from one shot Mayweather didn't get hit. Comparing an exhibition to a world title fight is moronic.

You're disrespecting Bellew. Usyk was obviously trying to win the rounds but was getting countered. He later realised Bellew throws singles and 1-2s and he could get through by throwing combo's.
                    Lil Robbie it wasn't an exhibition. BTW I think Floyd absolutely carried McGregor. That said he lost rounds.

No I'm not disrespecting Bellew. I said so in other posts that Bellew is a solid fighter. Usyk plan early on was to see what he had. His primary plan wasn't to go out and try to win round one first. Clearly the fact that he almost didn't throw a real punch in the first round should have told you that. He didn't do much more in the second round.

Bellew won the first two rounds and the third could have gone either way. The first two were clear because of Usyk's lack of punch output. It wasn't like Bellew was ripping him. He was just simply doing more. As Usyk stepped it up from round three and on he more and more took control of the fight until the KO in the 8th round.

I already knew you didn't know a lot about boxing. The fact you can't figure out Usyk's approach in this fight isn't shocking.

Comment

Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
                      Lil Robbie it wasn't an exhibition. BTW I think Floyd absolutely carried McGregor. That said he lost rounds.

No I'm not disrespecting Bellew. I said so in other posts that Bellew is a solid fighter. Usyk plan early on was to see what he had. His primary plan wasn't to go out and try to win round one first. Clearly the fact that he almost didn't throw a real punch in the first round should have told you that. He didn't do much more in the second round.

Bellew won the first two rounds and the third could have gone either way. The first two were clear because of Usyk's lack of punch output. It wasn't like Bellew was ripping him. He was just simply doing more. As Usyk stepped it up from round three and on he more and more took control of the fight until the KO in the 8th round.

I already knew you didn't know a lot about boxing. The fact you can't figure out Usyk's approach in this fight isn't shocking.
                      Why wasn't he doing more? Because he was getting countered. Not by choice. If he wasn't i guarantee he would have done more.

Comment

Working...
                      X