Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you rather be a boring winner or an exciting loser?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    watching unskilled guys throw hayemakers doesnt excite me....different folks different folks

I like high level matches with a mix of action, varying styles against each other and a skill display like Leonard vs Benitez, mayweather vs Judah, Whitaker vs Chavez, Toney vs Jirov, cRAWFORD VS Gamboa

what you may consider exciting, may not be exciting to other fans.....2 fights standing square just winning shots doesnt excite me...i like ebb and flow, see the adjustments mid fight and what the other fighter will do, things like that.

i dont get a hard on from seeing street fights in a boxing ring...I can hit the southside in my town to watch guys who dont use skill to win fights.
    This guy cracks me up, cant even get common expression right...btw its "Different strokes for different folks"

And exciting fighters are not omitted from having skills. Guys like Morales, JMM, Hagler, Tyson, Hearns, Duran, and Toney were hardly skill-less brawlers yet they were extremely exciting fighters.

That's the problem with you Floyd stans, you think skill and excitement are mutually exclusive. The irony is, by reacting the way you do, you just acknowledge that Floyd is boring.

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
      This guy cracks me up, cant even get common expression right...btw its "Different strokes for different folks"

And exciting fighters are not omitted from having skills. Guys like Morales, JMM, Hagler, Tyson, Hearns, Duran, and Toney were hardly skill-less brawlers yet they were extremely exciting fighters.

That's the problem with you Floyd stans, you think skill and excitement are mutually exclusive. The irony is, by reacting the way you do, you just acknowledge that Floyd is boring.
      oh nooooo...a typo

eat a dick

bruh....newsflash I like exciting fighters....i just like to see fighters make adjustments in the fight instead of look like two cave men

if thats the only thing you can understand, not my problem

most people who watch boxing dont even understand what they are watching.

you just named a few of my all time favorites....Toney, JMM, Morales were exciting but they also didnt sit their like idiots and trade when they didnt have to and fought to win...sometimes Morales did but if he wasnt fighting a barrera or pac, he was kicking azz outright and sometimes it could be boring....it depends on the opponent if the fights are exciting....not to be a good loser and entertain the crowd

thats dumb as hell

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        oh nooooo...a typo

eat a dick

bruh....newsflash I like exciting fighters....i just like to see fighters make adjustments in the fight instead of look like two cave men

if thats the only thing you can understand, not my problem

most people who watch boxing dont even understand what they are watching.

you just named a few of my all time favorites....Toney, JMM, Morales were exciting but they also didnt sit their like idiots and trade when they didnt have to and fought to win...sometimes Morales did but if he wasnt fighting a barrera or pac, he was kicking azz outright and sometimes it could be boring....it depends on the opponent if the fights are exciting....not to be a good loser and entertain the crowd

thats dumb as hell
        People don't assume its a typo when you consistently say stupid ****. Also, using the wrong word and sentence structure isn't a typo, its ignorance.

You should re-read your own comments throughout this thread and see your last post is in contradiction to them.
        Last edited by madsweeney; 08-09-2016, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Exciting winner.

Comment

You can be exciting and win at the same time If you are that damn good you can do both but If you're not that good...

Comment

Boxing is no ****ing joke. Of course I'd rather be a Mayweather or a Ward and get in and out with millions of dollars to my name and everything intact. If we were talking about football then maybe I'd be happier playing in an entertaining style and not always winning than grinding out 1-0 win after 1-0 win, but we're talking about getting punched in the head for a living here.

I appreciate everything boxing's entertainers do (see my posts on Maidana tonight) but that would most definitely not be for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
                Please bump the threads were Malignaggi and Cleverly were called boring fighters, ******.
                Not for nothing Paulie but this persona sucks. You can't call yourself Paulie Walnuts and not act like him at all. I should change my name to Junior Soprano and start charging everyone points for posting. And whoever doesn't pay, you'll pay them a visit:

Comment

Easy choice boring winner

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                    Not for nothing Paulie but this persona sucks. You can't call yourself Paulie Walnuts and not act like him at all. I should change my name to Junior Soprano and start charging everyone points for posting. And whoever doesn't pay, you'll pay them a visit:

that was good

Have to love crazy ass Junior

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                      I'd rather be Pacquiao, Duran, Hagler and Tyson

i might lose, but you're gonna respect the beatdowns i give
                      Yeah but Mayweather, Leonard, and Lewis are ranked higher than those guys all time even though they weren't as excit.ing

Comment

Working...
                      X