Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martin Lawrence Boxing Record?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Literally just listening to Mike Tyson's podcast & they had Martin Lawrence on. Martin talked about his boxing career & it sounded like he only had a tiny handful of fights ("I didn't have a big record").

He said he boxed around the age of 14-15 while living in Landover, Maryland. He fought in the golden gloves winning a fight & then losing a fight ("I really won, but they took that one from me"). Then he says he entered a AAU tournament & only had one fight, but it was in the finals & he won.

Then he talks about the eye injury he had. It wasn't really clear if that injury happened in the AAU fight he won or after the AAU fight, but I coulda swore I've heard him talk about the eye swole fight & it was an L so I'm leaning towards it was after he won the AAU novice title he won.

So sounds like at a minimum he was 2-1 & mighta been 2-2 as an amateur.

Comment

I've always thought Martin had a slight resemblance to Kevin Kelley.

Too bad Kevin Kelley didn't have a more eventful life or career, Martin could have played him in his movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
        I've always thought Martin had a slight resemblance to Kevin Kelley.

Too bad Kevin Kelley didn't have a more eventful life or career, Martin could have played him in his movie.

Could have comedian Aziz Ansari playing Prince Naz in that movie

Comment

Originally posted by i_am_a_champ View Post
          Could have comedian Aziz Ansari playing Prince Naz in that movie

Lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Literally just listening to Mike Tyson's podcast & they had Martin Lawrence on. Martin talked about his boxing career & it sounded like he only had a tiny handful of fights ("I didn't have a big record").

He said he boxed around the age of 14-15 while living in Landover, Maryland. He fought in the golden gloves winning a fight & then losing a fight ("I really won, but they took that one from me"). Then he says he entered a AAU tournament & only had one fight, but it was in the finals & he won.

Then he talks about the eye injury he had. It wasn't really clear if that injury happened in the AAU fight he won or after the AAU fight, but I coulda swore I've heard him talk about the eye swole fight & it was an L so I'm leaning towards it was after he won the AAU novice title he won.

So sounds like at a minimum he was 2-1 & mighta been 2-2 as an amateur.
            You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Eff Pandas again.

Damn didn't even know Tyson had a podcast. How's his lips on that?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
              You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Eff Pandas again.

Damn didn't even know Tyson had a podcast. How's his lips on that?
              Yea its with that NY radio guy Peter Rosenberg. Rosenberg does most of the talking. Mike is touch & go with it most of the time. Sometimes he seems like he'd rather be anywhere then in their podcast studio & sometimes he gots some golden one liners. Usually its as good as the guest.

Comment

Working...
              X