Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just watched Exodus - Christian Bale movie portraying the prohpet Moses.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So people are upset because they didn't depict a fairy tale accurately?

Comment

Originally posted by Spit Dialect View Post

Was thinking the same thing lol

Comment

The acting sucked, the editing sucked, the directing sucked, the special effects were SciFy tv level, you didn't care about the characters because A the storyline made no sense and B there was no chemistry between any of the actors.

Nevertheless I was not upset by the movie. I just felt ripped off AGAIN by Ridley Scott.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
          The acting sucked, the editing sucked, the directing sucked, the special effects were SciFy tv level, you didn't care about the characters because A the storyline made no sense and B there was no chemistry between any of the actors.

Nevertheless I was not upset by the movie. I just felt ripped off AGAIN by Ridley Scott.
          Look everyone has to pay the bills and this movie was one of those things. Ridley Scott is a legendary director, simply because of his resume. I mean, we can't deny Blade Runner, Alien, Legend, Gladiator (better than I expected), and yes Prometheus. I like that movie even though it got a ton of criticism.

Comment

The movie was trash in everyway possible. It is time to cast people who actually look like ancient Eyptians. These movies keep flopping because the directors' heart are not in the movies; they know they are producing a farce, no matter how good the actors are, because this is not the 50s anymore. Any movie that still follows this trend to depict Ancient Egypt a certain way will fail. People aren't stupid and ignorant anymore, for it is the information age and the world is culture rich, with different cultures contributing to what we have today. Imagine a Roman or Greek movie with all Africans and Asians playing ancienct Greeks and Romans? That is the absurdity of these movies. The more Hollyweird continues with these movies, the more it will be a farce of itself.

Comment

I prefer this version

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
                The movie was trash in everyway possible. It is time to cast people who actually look like ancient Eyptians. These movies keep flopping because the directors' heart are not in the movies; they know they are producing a farce, no matter how good the actors are, because this is not the 50s anymore. Any movie that still follows this trend to depict Ancient Egypt a certain way will fail. People aren't stupid and ignorant anymore, for it is the information age and the world is culture rich, with different cultures contributing to what we have today. Imagine a Roman or Greek movie with all Africans and Asians playing ancienct Greeks and Romans? That is the absurdity of these movies. The more Hollyweird continues with these movies, the more it will be a farce of itself.
                Who cares that they whitewashed Egyptians. Cry me a river.

Hollywood race lifts characters left and right, with the MAJORITY being black actors cast in parts that were written or drawn white, especially comic book characters, yet nobody bats an eye.

They get Christian Bale to play an Egyptian and everyone loses their shit.

boo hoo.

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
                  Who cares that they whitewashed Egyptians. Cry me a river.

Hollywood race lifts characters left and right, with the MAJORITY being black actors cast in parts that were written or drawn white, especially comic book characters, yet nobody bats an eye.

They get Christian Bale to play an Egyptian and everyone loses their shit.

boo hoo.
                  I am pretty sure you wouldn't, but there are plenty people in this world who do.

Comment

Ive done most of the complaining on this thread but not about the color of the actor's skin. It's called ACTING. If we expect to have movie characters to be matched exactly to actors ethnicity then there won't be any movies. You mean only a Dane can portray Hamlet? I recently saw a TV version of Shakespeare's Henry IV and one of the actors portraying a sixteenth century Englishman was black....are you saying he should have been fired from his job?

If this had been a documentary trying to make a point that Egyptians were blue eyed light skinned people then I'd agree with you but it wasn't so I won't.

Comment

Not sure what's your point. Any movie/show deviating from any book is usually lame.

Comment

Working...
                      X