No announcement yet.

whey protein

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whey protein

i need the detailed info about whey protein in general...

anyone uses "ultimate prostar whey protein"?

my friend tells me to try it, should i do it? can i use whey proteinss to get high muscle definition with proper diet and training?

thanks!

Originally posted by MILE KITIC View Post
    i need the detailed info about whey protein in general...

anyone uses "ultimate prostar whey protein"?

my friend tells me to try it, should i do it? can i use whey proteinss to get high muscle definition with proper diet and training?

thanks!
    Post your video up of you on the bag. I need a good laugh. Chump.

Comment

whey protein is good for gaining definition and muscle mass if used at the right time...
      whey protein itself only lasts between thirty minutes to an hour depended on your metabolism, its best to take before a workout.

another good thing to try if youre looking to gain muscle or definition, is muscle milk, the flavors actually taste good and it works pretty well, but i would only recommend taking it about between one hour or half an hour before bed, because its main purpose is to cut down on the burning up of muscle + fat which is what your body is doing while you sleep...
      sleep is a fast for however long you sleep you body goes without eating...muscle milk keeps your body from deteriorating the muscle that you built up that day during work outs and adds protein to your body helping your body replinish and grow.

basically whey before work out
      to grow
      and tone

Comment

/

whey protein is just good extra protein,

its avrage scoop is about 22g of protein,

a can of tuna is about 11g

so from just 1 drink your geting lots, of protein

tae directly afer workout

Comment

I use this....http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/cs/gainer.html

Comment

I use the prostar whey but only if it looks like I will not be able to meet my daily protein intake goal (which is around .8 grams per pound of body weight) by eating normal foods high in protein. Works out to half a scoop a day for me. Its more of a convenience thing than anything else.

I tried a high protein diet with Ripptoes strength/muscle building routine and got really strong, but put on alot of fat as well as muscle. Eating too much protein powder gives you gas too, a sure sign you are taking too much. I thing protein requirements for athletes (especially beginning bodybuilders) are often highly exaggerated.

My dietary needs though are of a 35 yr old and not a teenager so this needs to be taken into account

Comment

they say it leads to early fatality

Comment

Tbh you can get all the protein you need from eating high protein foods! You should only really use stuff like whey protein shakes as a last resort or as Trrmo said for convenience if you cant get your required amount for the day.

Its easy to become reliant on the shakes as your source of protein thus neglecting a healthy balanced diet.

I eat a lot of tuna and cooked chicken which easily meets my daily protein goal and served the right way is delicious aswell as beneficial

Comment

http://bodybuilding.com/store/whey.html

1. What is it and where does it come from?
                  Out of the many protein sources out there, whey protein is the ultimate. It comes from milk. During the process of turning milk into cheese, whey protein is separated out. Protein can be found in a variety of foods -mainly meats, such as fish, beef, and chicken.

2. What does it do and what scientific studies give evidence to support this?
                  Whey protein (the highest quality and best form of protein) is incredible stuff. It provides the body with the necessary building blocks to produce amino acids that are used for building muscle tissue. Whoa! Nearly every bodybuilder knows the importance of protein supplementation. Studies have been conducted that compare whey protein to other sources. They have found that whey protein contains the perfect combination of overall amino acid makeup... and in just the right concentrations for optimal performance in the body. Both hormonal and cellular responses seem to be greatly enhanced with supplementation of whey protein, too! Not to mention the benefits whey protein has on the body's immune system according to documented scientific research. Whey protein also plays a role as an antioxidant and helps support a health immune system. Most importantly, consistent whey protein intake coupled with exercise will result in consistent muscle building.

3. Who needs it and what are some symptoms of deficiency?
                  Whey protein is very, very important for bodybuilders, dieters, and shoot, just about everybody! Since athletes and bodybuilders work out often, protein levels become depleted. By being a direct precursor to building muscle and essential amino acids, such as glutamine (a muscle enhancer, endurance builder, and muscle deterioration reducer), the content from high quality whey protein not only can, but will help one's muscles recover and grow faster by bring up the levels of protein. With dieting and those wishing to lose some extra fat, whey protein can be very useful because a good intake of protein balances blood sugar levels, while carbohydrates cause blood sugar levels to fluctuate. When the blood sugar levels stay balanced, one is not as prone to rampant eating and has more energy and greater fat loss. Whey protein allows a person to control his or her diet effectively. Most people who want to change their body for the better could benefit from whey protein supplementation; however, since protein is naturally found in many food items deficiency is usually not a problem.

4. How much should be taken? Are there any side effects?
                  Training athletes often consume 25 grams of whey protein per day. Bodybuilders who want serious gains (and are burning serious calories), generally consume 150 grams per day. Extremely high doses of whey protein is not recommended, as this will cause the body's liver to be overloaded and you won't get the same benefits as with a consistent lower amount taken three to five times per day.

Comment

Originally posted by The Womble Don View Post
                    Tbh you can get all the protein you need from eating high protein foods! You should only really use stuff like whey protein shakes as a last resort or as Trrmo said for convenience if you cant get your required amount for the day.

Its easy to become reliant on the shakes as your source of protein thus neglecting a healthy balanced diet.

I eat a lot of tuna and cooked chicken which easily meets my daily protein goal and served the right way is delicious aswell as beneficial
                    Good post. Stop trying to take the easy way out. Diet right, work hard, and you'll get the muscles you're looking for.

Comment

Working...
                    X