Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tons of talent and potential good matchups, what fights do you think?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tons of talent and potential good matchups, what fights do you think?

Boxing is losing popularity big time but there is so much young talent and some stacked divisions where great matchups could be made. Here are some of my top matchups:

Heavyweight:
    Klitschko, Fury, Wilder, Joshhua, Haye, Ortiz, Povetkin. Mix them up and lets have some good fights. Here are a few:
    Joshua vs Haye (after joshua's next fight)
    Fury vs. Wilder
    Winners face each other

Light heavyweight
    Ward, Kovalev, Stevenson, Beterbiev, Gvodzyk, Pascal. Mix em up.
    Ward vs. Kovalev (happening)
    Beterbiev vs. Gvodzyk

Middleweight
    Golovkin vs Canelo
    Stevens vs. Lemieux

Welterweight
    So many good fighters: Thurman, Garcia, Brook, Porter, Bradley, Khan, Spence, hell even throw guys like Vargas, Lopez and Guerrero in the mix.
    Brook vs. Spence
    Brook vs Khan
    Thurman vs. Garcia
    Bradley vs. Vargas II

122-130
    Lomachenko, Vargas, Salido, Walters, Miura, Uchiyama,Valdez, Frampton, Santa Cruz, Russel Jr. Selby, Rigondeaux and Donaire.
    Lomachenko vs. Salido II
    Salido vs. Vargas II
    Lomachenko vs. Vargas
    Lomachenko vs. Walters
    Miura vs. Valdez
    Frampton vs. Rigondeaux

What are some cracking matchups you guys would like to happen, that would be able to be made?
    Last edited by WarMaidana; 08-24-2016, 09:32 PM.

the matchups i put are ones that i think are possible and good fights

Comment

The issue is, top fighters don't fight each other often enough. They have maybe one test per year and then one scrub. That won't build popularity.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        The issue is, top fighters don't fight each other often enough. They have maybe one test per year and then one scrub. That won't build popularity.
        yeah i almost get the sense that most top fighters see it as if they have a quota of fighting one top fighter every couple of years, and once they do that its okay for them to fight whoever they want.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
          yeah i almost get the sense that most top fighters see it as if they have a quota of fighting one top fighter every couple of years, and once they do that its okay for them to fight whoever they want.
          The fans also support this behaviour which is the biggest problem.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            The fans also support this behaviour which is the biggest problem.
            it's true and it's pathetic. I wish promoters would care more about the sport and stop being such greedy **** suckers

Comment

Originally posted by WarMaidana View Post
              Boxing is losing popularity big time but there is so much young talent and some stacked divisions where great matchups could be made. Here are some of my top matchups:

Heavyweight:
              Klitschko, Fury, Wilder, Joshhua, Haye, Ortiz, Povetkin. Mix them up and lets have some good fights. Here are a few:
              Joshua vs Haye (after joshua's next fight)
              Fury vs. Wilder
              Winners face each other

Light heavyweight
              Ward, Kovalev, Stevenson, Beterbiev, Gvodzyk, Pascal. Mix em up.
              Ward vs. Kovalev (happening)
              Beterbiev vs. Gvodzyk

Middleweight
              Golovkin vs Canelo
              Stevens vs. Lemieux

Welterweight
              So many good fighters: Thurman, Garcia, Brook, Porter, Bradley, Khan, Spence, hell even throw guys like Vargas, Lopez and Guerrero in the mix.
              Brook vs. Spence
              Brook vs Khan
              Thurman vs. Garcia
              Bradley vs. Vargas II

122-130
              Lomachenko, Vargas, Salido, Walters, Miura, Uchiyama,Valdez, Frampton, Santa Cruz, Russel Jr. Selby, Rigondeaux and Donaire.
              Lomachenko vs. Salido II
              Salido vs. Vargas II
              Lomachenko vs. Vargas
              Lomachenko vs. Walters
              Miura vs. Valdez
              Frampton vs. Rigondeaux

What are some cracking matchups you guys would like to happen, that would be able to be made?
              The best fights are below 130. Im honestly getting tired of anything above 140. TO MUCH DRAMA!!! 122-130 are the best divisions in boxing, the only thing I cant stand is PBC gives undeserving guys title shots (like Mares) and dont unify. I think eventually Haymon will have to sacrifice his lower weight division guys and pit them against Top Rank and Golden Boys, I dont see that ever happening above 130 though.

Comment

Working...
              X