Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aaron Hernandez Netflix Documentary: Killer Inside the Mind of ....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron Hernandez Netflix Documentary: Killer Inside the Mind of ....

I don't really want to give it all away, but do you know about all these details and Aaron's childhood ?
    Even with everything that is known about his life and story, it's easy to fall back to the basic question of ..."Why?".

Why didn’t Hernandez simply lean into the life of luxury the NFL and his $40 million contract could have given him ? Why become a criminal and a killer when that lifestyle could have been avoided?

https://youtu.be/8Kr8j2YNE3Q

https://next-episode.net/killer-insi...aron-hernandez

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11475228/

hernandez suffered from advanced CTE. playing football literally scrambled his brain. antonio brown is now showing the same signs of brain damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Bandman View Post
      hernandez suffered from advanced CTE. playing football literally scrambled his brain. antonio brown is now showing the same signs of brain damage.
      Yeah they talked about that and it was surely a factor in his behavior.
      Watching the doc, I learned some other factors as well. Like he had a sexual relationship with his high school quarterback...
      His Mom kind of messed his head up too, after his father died, at age 16....

Comment

Just watched it, dude had mental issues and I think it was CTE. Just my opinion. He acted like a child with temper issues.

Comment

Originally posted by CauliflowerEars View Post
          Watching the doc, I learned some other factors as well. Like he had a sexual relationship with his high school quarterback...
          As we age, we see situations from the vantage point of where they developed from. As a white boy in Spanish Harlem, who goes back every now and then I see nothing but Mexican, and other central Americans. The Puerto Ricans I grew up with, they all went farther out of the city, places like Long Island, Conneticut, etc. Hernadez' family was one of those families I suspect.

So the father was the glue...and I well remember my friends with their dads. Puerto Rican kids seemed to have parents. The parents might drink a bit too much, there might be issues, but, there was usually a strong dad at home. Usually the dad would do sports, or box with his sons. Again, I see these parallels with Hernadez and his family.

So i guess my feeling about this whole thing is one of sadness. I don't know quite why Aaron went off the reservation. In the end it hardly matters. He came from a family that I would call 'good,' because they tried to raise him and his brother up properly. In those days it is true that you would not go to your dad and say "hey I was fooling around with a tight end" (pardon the pun)... But all sons carry guilt around lol. For me, it was screwing up so badly in school, when my father and I would visit grandma in Brooklyn and she would look at my dad and ask "is he going to be a doctor, or a lawyer?" in her Jewish Ukranian accent. My dad would shoot me this dirty look lol.

Sad situation. We have to eventually reevaluate football. It is showing itself to be very dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
            As we age, we see situations from the vantage point of where they developed from. As a white boy in Spanish Harlem, who goes back every now and then I see nothing but Mexican, and other central Americans. The Puerto Ricans I grew up with, they all went farther out of the city, places like Long Island, Conneticut, etc. Hernadez' family was one of those families I suspect.

So the father was the glue...and I well remember my friends with their dads. Puerto Rican kids seemed to have parents. The parents might drink a bit too much, there might be issues, but, there was usually a strong dad at home. Usually the dad would do sports, or box with his sons. Again, I see these parallels with Hernadez and his family.

So i guess my feeling about this whole thing is one of sadness. I don't know quite why Aaron went off the reservation. In the end it hardly matters. He came from a family that I would call 'good,' because they tried to raise him and his brother up properly. In those days it is true that you would not go to your dad and say "hey I was fooling around with a tight end" (pardon the pun)... But all sons carry guilt around lol. For me, it was screwing up so badly in school, when my father and I would visit grandma in Brooklyn and she would look at my dad and ask "is he going to be a doctor, or a lawyer?" in her Jewish Ukranian accent. My dad would shoot me this dirty look lol.

Sad situation. We have to eventually reevaluate football. It is showing itself to be very dangerous.
            When they showed the brain MRIs and how different his was I took notice. He had some serious mental issues from football IMO.
            As someone that was very good at Football but screwed it all up over girls I can tell you that knowing what I know now about CTE I would still play. I loved football to the point that it wouldnt have mattered. These players know about CTE and whats going on. They love the sport and if they're given a choice to still play and still do. The game is just life for some.
            IMO this would explain why he was still a amazing player even though he was out doing bad chit.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
              When they showed the brain MRIs and how different his was I took notice. He had some serious mental issues from football IMO.
              As someone that was very good at Football but screwed it all up over girls I can tell you that knowing what I know now about CTE I would still play. I loved football to the point that it wouldnt have mattered. These players know about CTE and whats going on. They love the sport and if they're given a choice to still play and still do. The game is just life for some.
              IMO this would explain why he was still a amazing player even though he was out doing bad chit.
              as I have gotten older, uglier and wiser I have fully realized the logic to the love for something like football. Its similar to people who have wild animal companions. There comes a point when love conquers all... So you have a bear that might at some time go into kill mode. But you love that animal, he is a member of your family. I get that. Your kids are out of the house, more power to you, as I would rather be mauled to death by a bear if it had to happen, and if that bear was loved like I love my family, including my two dogs.

The same goes for sports that we love. Martial arts is tough on the body as well and I would not trade my experience in it, despite the concussions, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by CauliflowerEars View Post
                Damn. Mental illness is a hell of a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                  as I have gotten older, uglier and wiser I have fully realized the logic to the love for something like football. Its similar to people who have wild animal companions. There comes a point when love conquers all... So you have a bear that might at some time go into kill mode. But you love that animal, he is a member of your family. I get that. Your kids are out of the house, more power to you, as I would rather be mauled to death by a bear if it had to happen, and if that bear was loved like I love my family, including my two dogs.
                  The same goes for sports that we love. Martial arts is tough on the body as well and I would not trade my experience in it, despite the concussions, etc.
                  As usual, I enjoy reading your thoughtful responses. Risk verses reward.
                  A personal choice unique to every situation, albeit the similar principle at work.

With respect to all opinions and not to minimize the effects of CTE, I believe Aaron had "mental issues" long before experiencing multiple trauma to the brain. He was essentially living a double life, long before he was drafted by the Patriots. CTE symptoms may include emotional instability and impulsive behavior, but not necessarily criminal, or gangster lifestyles. Paranoia doesn't automatically translate to criminal or deviant behavior. In fact many with CTE avoided criminal activity all together.
                  So the CTE was just one small factor, IMO. It appeared he never really matured beyond 17-18 and his father's presence would have changed his trajectory. He'd also been smoking marijuana heavily, for years. Near the very end it seemed like his bisexual acts were coming full circle and issues with his mother were unresolved. Combination of a lot of things.

Ultimately just a sad, unfortunate demise that probably could have been avoided at various points along the way.

Comment

Macho man daddy, **** tendencies and too many blows to the head.

He was not a normal guy by any stretch of the imagination.

Comment

Working...
                    X