No announcement yet.

Kovalev's headlocks/clinching/holding

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
    Did this fight pop your cherry? You might like these guys.

Abner Mares
    Joe Frazier
    Bernard Hopkins
    Ricardo López

Thanks for signing up at Boxing scene!
    "Oooohhh... Are they white dudes with heavy hands? Sign me up!!" -half of NSB

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Ugly stuff by Kovalev. But, I'm OK with it.
      Byrd helped Kovalev tremendously in this fight by not allowing them to work out of the clinch in the first half. But, I'm OK with that too.
      Dre had to earn this, every bit of it. Makes the victory even sweeter.
      I'm OK with it too. I want to see what the haters that made such a big deal about Ward potentially holding are going to to say. Will they ridicule Kovalev like they were going to Ward or be hypocrites. I think the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
        He holds but Ward was a initiator of this situations ,i thought its clear,if a guy bumrush you ,you have no choice but hold
        Kovalev was doing it to prevent Ward fighting on the inside. He could have took a step back and countered, he chose to hold.

Comment

Actually cool with the moments where Ward bends down. Hate when fighters bend all the way down like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            "Oooohhh... Are they white dudes with heavy hands? Sign me up!!" -half of NSB
            BS fell off bro, all these new clowns pushing agendas, weak.

When did this site become a clam jam?

Comment

Not mad at him and came in prepare for Ward antics with his own antics and I do think early in the fight it did control Ward on the inside a bit BUT I do think he kinda got tired trying to overpower Ward on the inside and Ward freed his hands and was landing some vicious body shots
              Last edited by sicko; 11-20-2016, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                Kovalev was doing it to prevent Ward fighting on the inside. He could have took a step back and countered, he chose to hold.
                yep its so easy to run from guy rushing to you and huging ,Ward dont work inside like Hatton or Rios ,or Chavez sr ,He hug and try to punch while huging.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                  exactly this, ward was rushing in, what was kovalev supposed to do?
                  Punch him.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
                    Actually cool with the moments where Ward bends down. Hate when fighters bend all the way down like that.
                    Don't have much choice when someone wraps an arm around your neck and puts you in an headlock.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                      I'm OK with it too. I want to see what the haters that made such a big deal about Ward potentially holding are going to to say. Will they ridicule Kovalev like they were going to Ward or be hypocrites. I think the latter.
                      I'm seriously worried about Freedom. If his head didn't explode, he's surely sliced his wrists.

Comment

Working...
                      X