No announcement yet.

Kovalev's headlocks/clinching/holding

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kovalev's headlocks/clinching/holding

Before the fight we had many people saying Ward was a dirty fighter and some were saying Ward would get no credit if he held. Are those people going to hold Kovalev to the same standard?

Typical from these guys that never learn how to fight inside. That was disappointing because I was hoping to see more inside fighting.

Comment

Kovalev hold cuse Ward was bullrushing him like mad wrestler,its not UFC lol.If he is rushing you what is Kovalev supposed to do?let Ward hit him? Pethetic man

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
        Kovalev hold cuse Ward was bullrushing him like mad wrestler,its not UFC lol.If he is rushing you what is Kovalev supposed to do?let Ward hit him? Pethetic man
        Did this fight pop your cherry? You might like these guys.

Abner Mares
        Joe Frazier
        Bernard Hopkins
        Ricardo López

Thanks for signing up at Boxing scene!

Comment

That was Kovalev's strategy (and it was fairly effective TBH). He wanted to meet Ward's tactics head on. You clinch, I clinch. You **** on the inside, I **** on the inside. Good strategy by whoever drew it up, it clearly had Ward off balance for the first quarter of the fight, but Ward adjusted like a true champion.

Comment

I was beginning to think I was the only one who noticed this. The commentators kept trying to say Ward was doing the holding. Some posters have written the same. Seemed clear to me that Ward wanted to get inside to work, and Kovalev kept holding.

Comment

Perfectly ok when the other guy is ducking their below their waist.

Comment

Ugly stuff by Kovalev. But, I'm OK with it.
                Byrd helped Kovalev tremendously in this fight by not allowing them to work out of the clinch in the first half. But, I'm OK with that too.
                Dre had to earn this, every bit of it. Makes the victory even sweeter.

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
                  exactly this, ward was rushing in, what was kovalev supposed to do?

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
                    He holds but Ward was a initiator of this situations ,i thought its clear,if a guy bumrush you ,you have no choice but hold

Comment

Working...
                    X