Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kovalev vs Ward Slowmo punch count round by round.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dixie Normis View Post
    But Kovalev did win the fight and Ward got the win as a gift....
    Thats your opinion its not what is in the record book, ***** and moan all you like Ward officially won the fight.

If it empowers you to say out loud that he lost all I can say is set your goals a little higher as the reward is greater.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
      Thats your opinion its not what is in the record book, ***** and moan all you like Ward officially won the fight.

If it empowers you to say out loud that he lost all I can say is set your goals a little higher as the reward is greater.
      Why would stating the obvious empower me? I can understand if you have Ward's balls shoved down your throat and want to defend him to the death whenever you hear any perceived slight against him but I just want to know why you think he won. Like, what did he do to actually win that fight, and not just be gifted the fight by crooked Nevada judges?

Comment

It's not a rocket science. We just need to call spade a spade.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
          Same as the judges had Bradley winning vs Pacman in their first fight. If you just blindly follow others without questioning it then i really pity you
          Isn't that exactly what the poll in your Sig is? Just because a bunch of monkey fans who like MMA/UFC think Kovalev won doesn't mean he actually won.

It was a very competitive/close fight and it could've gone either way. To cry robbery is like confessing you are a casual boxing fan and don't understand scoring systems. It's okay to say that I'm wrong and continue crying "robbery", but it doesn't make you any more right. In fact it only makes you seem like less of a "boxing" fan and more of a casual fan.

The fight was close no matter which way you lean. Please stop whining.

Comment

Kovalev won that fight so much it's not even funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
              It's not about faulting judges though, it's about seeing what really happened. I like them for that reason alone. Although I'm not sure how reliable this video is.
              No issue with that. But don't expect to watch a slow motion video with various close ups and angles and expect to bring closure as to what the judges were watching. I do think it's a travesty that boxing is the only sport that doesn't incorporate technology into the game (not even instant replay to review knockdowns and fouls), but this is what we have to work with at the moment.

With this fight in particular, if you look at the judges scorecards, the only round they really got wrong was round 10. Other than that this was a well officiated fight from all angles.

I think you can question how ALL THREE judges gave Ward the maximum possible number of points he could have won. The probability of that happening is probably low. But the scorecards themselves are not bad at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                Isn't that exactly what the poll in your Sig is? Just because a bunch of monkey fans who like MMA/UFC think Kovalev won doesn't mean he actually won.

It was a very competitive/close fight and it could've gone either way. To cry robbery is like confessing you are a casual boxing fan and don't understand scoring systems. It's okay to say that I'm wrong and continue crying "robbery", but it doesn't make you any more right. In fact it only makes you seem like less of a "boxing" fan and more of a casual fan.

The fight was close no matter which way you lean. Please stop whining.
                kovalev landed more punches in most of the roudns. kovalev's punches were cleaner, harder, more flush etc...why would ward win? people who think ward won are the ones doing mental gymnastics and coming up with creative ways as to why ward was given the fight. coudl you score it close for kovalev? sure if you were generous to ward. you could easily score it wide for kovalev, more plausible than giving 7 rounds to ward
                Last edited by daggum; 01-27-2017, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                  No issue with that. But don't expect to watch a slow motion video with various close ups and angles and expect to bring closure as to what the judges were watching. I do think it's a travesty that boxing is the only sport that doesn't incorporate technology into the game (not even instant replay to review knockdowns and fouls), but this is what we have to work with at the moment.

With this fight in particular, if you look at the judges scorecards, the only round they really got wrong was round 10. Other than that this was a well officiated fight from all angles.

I think you can question how ALL THREE judges gave Ward the maximum possible number of points he could have won. The probability of that happening is probably low. But the scorecards themselves are not bad at all.
                  they didn't do that though. they gave him the maximum number he could have won if you are being super super generous to ward...and then they gave him one extra which he clearly lost(round 10) this is why no one takes that joke decision seriously. the robbery or corruption is right in front of your face written on the official cards.

Comment

Working...
                  X