Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is It Cowardly or Smart That No Other Title Holder Want To Face Lomachenko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't read too much into the claim that ALL the other title holders have rejected a fight with Loma.

Comment

As a boxing fan, I refuse to excuse or condone boxers who avoid significant challenges. I won't give them any credit for being 'smart' or anything like that.

It's cancer.

Comment

I don't think it's either. It's karma.

Arum only likes to make in house fights when it benefits him. Now he is willing to make fights with other promoters fighters because he feels loma will beat them. Well why should these guys make fights with arum now when he won't in other circumstances?

Put loma in with salido, Manny or Crawford. Or, show a willingness to make say Manny/Thurman and then maybe loma can be in the semi main against a non arum fighter.

Comment

So we have more press about Loma vs Salido II than investigative correspondence from all the champs and mgmt that they are ducking? Says where?

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
            you heard it straight from gayweather jr''s mouth they will keep davis away from lomachenko pretty much forever. salido's manager didn't think it was a lowball offer in fact it they almost signed but salido backed out at the last minute. these clowns want retirement level money because they know they get schooled and humiliated by lomachenko.
            Doesn't sound like Mayweather to me. Floyd the promoter hasn't hesitated in the past to throw his fighters to the wolves. So forgive me if I don't take your word for it. You obviously have no love for anything Mayweather related.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
              It is pretty well documented that Loma's team sent offers to every single belt holder in the 130 division only to be denied responses. So is it cowardly, or smart or both on the fighters parts for dodging Lomachenko? Can any fighter truly call himself the best if they are so willing to dodge the best competition available?
              Sssoooooo how bout the ones that did call him out??

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                Doesn't sound like Mayweather to me. Floyd the promoter hasn't hesitated in the past to throw his fighters to the wolves. So forgive me if I don't take your word for it. You obviously have no love for anything Mayweather related.
                There's video of Floyd saying it.

Mayweather ruled out matching Davis against Vasyl Lomachenko any time soon. Ukraine’s Lomachenko, the WBO super featherweight champion, is commonly considered one of the top three boxers, pound-for-pound, in the world and its a fight Mayweather intends to avoid.

"We’re not thinking about Lomachenko. Lomachenko’s with Top Rank. Let him stay over there with Top Rank. That’s where he’s at. My guy’s gonna do his job and I’m gonna make sure I do my job to the best of my ability, to get what he want.

“Tank, he's young. We wanna build that bank account, be smart, make the right moves.”
                Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 05-17-2017, 06:33 AM.

Comment

As for the question, it's cowardly.

Offers were made to the other belt holders and highest rated guys in the division, the only guy that was willing to fight was Sosa.

Comment

Well it's understandable from a business perspective. As someone said earlier, it's very likely you will lose and probably not get paid that well.

At least when Floyd was fighting, you're going to lose but get paid well, and if somehow you did win you would be the biggest thing in boxing and huge in sports in general. There's no real incentives when fighting Loma when you weigh it all up. Yeah a win would be big amongst hardcore boxing fans but the reality is that the likelihood of losing your belt, losing the fight while not making big money outweighs that.

It's **** but that's how the business works.
                    Last edited by deathofaclown; 05-17-2017, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mukuro View Post
                      I get it. It is a guaranteed humiliating loss for not that big of a payday.

I think if you are a proud fighter who believes in your skill, you take him on though. Nobody below 135 has even a hint of a chance. It will be easier to find fights at 135 I think.
                      There are no guarantees in sports....not that you'd know anything about sports.

Comment

Working...
                      X