Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's stopping AJ vs. Fury on ESPN PPV from happening next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's stopping AJ vs. Fury on ESPN PPV from happening next?

AJ can fight on any network. Wilder is fighting Ortiz next. The next best fight to make in the HW division is Fury/AJ. AJ & Hearn should be looking to make that fight next. Yet they're still talking about Wilder.

AJ vs Fury may be the biggest fight in British history

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    AJ can fight on any network. Wilder is fighting Ortiz next. The next best fight to make in the HW division is Fury/AJ. AJ & Hearn should be looking to make that fight next. Yet they're still talking about Wilder.

I'm not from England, so I could be wrong, but Joshua seems like a much bigger star. Why would he fight on Fury's network instead of vice versa?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

It would only be ESPN PPV if held in the states (primetime here otherwise the PPV numbers would suck) and that fight should be staged in the UK. I agree with your point, AJ and Fury should battle it out, and it would be easily the biggest fight of the year

Comment

Josh vs Fury is a UK fight that will happen in the UK. It's the biggest fight in British history.

I don't think the both of them will fight until the end of Fury's ESPN deal. Fury has nothing Josh wants and there's no incentive since Fury wants 50/50. If Fury can accept his true worth, then it might happen. But 50/50 for a boring fighter with no belt, no earning power and no real fan base - it's not happening.

Comment

Originally posted by DARTH SILKWORMS View Post
          I'm not from England, so I could be wrong, but Joshua seems like a much bigger star. Why would he fight on Fury's network instead of vice versa?
          The gap between the two isn't even close. Who would pay to see a boring Fury fight? There's a reason why he has never fought in a big arena in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
            Josh vs Fury is a UK fight that will happen in the UK. It's the biggest fight in British history.

I don't think the both of them will fight until the end of Fury's ESPN deal. Fury has nothing Josh wants and there's no incentive since Fury wants 50/50. If Fury can accept his true worth, then it might happen. But 50/50 for a boring fighter with no belt, no earning power and no real fan base - it's not happening.
            You cant say biggest fight in British history and in the same post say that Fury has no earning power and no real fan base lol c'mon.

Comment

ESPN PPV? That would be a total flop.

Comment

Originally posted by Bmore18 View Post
                You cant say biggest fight in British history and in the same post say that Fury has no earning power and no real fan base lol c'mon.
                My point is that Fury can't sell out big arenas in the UK fighting anyone like Josh does. He has never done it in his career and his fans are like what Wilder fans are in the US. They might be loud on social media but they aren't paying to see him fight. A good example is basically how BJS couldn't even sell out a medium sized arena in Stevenage where he's from, something the average Brit who's a world champion wouldn't have a problem doing in his home town.

However, against Josh, it's going to be a blockbuster, since the both of them are at the top of the heavyweight division. There's a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
                  My point is that Fury can't sell out big arenas in the UK fighting anyone like Josh does. He has never done it in his career and his fans are like what Wilder fans are in the US. They might be loud on social media but they aren't paying to see him fight. A good example is basically how BJS couldn't even sell out a medium sized arena in Stevenage where he's from, something the average Brit who's a world champion wouldn't have a problem doing in his home town.

However, against Josh, it's going to be a blockbuster, since the both of them are at the top of the heavyweight division. There's a difference.
                  I agree with what you said here, thats just not what you said in previous post. You gotta give Fury some credit and drawing power and thats why it would be a blockbuster. I dont live in the UK and dont know what the average brit would do so good to know, and couldnt give 2 Shi*s about BJS as he somehow has more boring fights than Fury

Comment

Fury is fighting bums until the Wilder rematch. That seems pretty clear.

Fury fights three nobodies, Wilder fights Breazeale, Ortiz, and Kownacki.

That leaves maybe Dillian Whyte, Oscar Rivas or, if he's allowed to fight, Kubrat Pulev for Joshua after he dispatches Ruiz.

Comment

Working...
                    X