Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The actor that plays Hodor did a DJ gig here in Dallas at a nightclub. His show is called Rave of Thrones. Got a good review in the paper. And evidently he's gay.

Comment

• I've been reading the books.

I'm finding most of the parts I liked in the shows are the same in the books.

But nearly everything I didn't like in the TV shows, some of the most sickening tasteless stuff, is NOT in the books!

For example, in the books Ramsay did not rape Sansa, nor did Jaime rape Cersei beside their dead father. In the books, Mayce was not burned alive and is in fact allied with Jon against Ramsay at the end of the last book.

Arya was not Tywin's cup bearer in the books. Some of the dull repetitive stuff in seasons 2, 3, 4, 5 and the early and middle episodes of season 6 is not in the books.

Comment

• Caught up with all of this at last. Laughed with it, been intrigued by it... had a few wanks with it.

I did wanna find out why [MENTION]SterlingArcher[/MENTION] slated season six, but there's over 680 pages to wade through? I was always curious about that, but didn't want to read spoilers.

One thing that I think was overdone in the show was the sheer number of "surprise rescues", where a mass army (or dragon) appears out of nowhere to save the day in the face of insurmountable odds. Particularly hard to take when it was an army of thousands suddenly coming up a hill on horseback... are they deaf, or what? But generally it was good, even if that final episode did get a bit "action movie" with the explosions and so on.

That plot about the religious fanatics taking over (led by the great Jonathan Pryce, just one of a number of cracking Brit actors in the show) was also something that didn't quite sit right for me. It was a bit too sudden.

Day One: Offer the local vicar a promotion.

Day Two: The local vicar starts murdering people with his mates. You just laugh.

Day Three: He's made you walk down the street with your cock and balls hanging out.

Generally, though, this was a good series with much to recommend it IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          Mind blown at Ramsey's real voice
          Not sure what you mean?

He talks a bit different to how he does in the show, sure, but it's not a huge difference, is it?

I didn't realise the dad was Irish, he does a good accent. Lots of them do, actually.

Although I like Dinklage in the show, his "English" accent is a Fat Yank's idea of what English people sound like, however.

Sterling Archer, where's your post-season six post? I always meant to read it after I'd seen the whole show, but I can't find it. I've gone back to page 647, it's gonna take a long time to wade through a 675 page thread....

Comment

• you guys want a reddit spoiler for next season?

i kinda regret seeing it but i kinda dont

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
              not sure what you mean?

he talks a bit different to how he does in the show, sure, but it's not a huge difference, is it?

I didn't realise the dad was irish, he does a good accent. Lots of them do, actually.

Although i like dinklage in the show, his "english" accent is a fat yank's idea of what english people sound like, however.

sterling archer, where's your post-season six post? I always meant to read it after i'd seen the whole show, but i can't find it. I've gone back to page 647, it's gonna take a long time to wade through a 675 page thread....
              idk i said that shlt 5 months ago lol

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                you guys want a reddit spoiler for next season?

i kinda regret seeing it but i kinda dont
                All I want to know is if there's going to be a Cleganebowl this season or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
                  All I want to know is if there's going to be a Cleganebowl this season or not.

that, i dont recall seeing in the spoiler/trailer

but the rest of that clip had me giddy

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                    Not sure what you mean?

He talks a bit different to how he does in the show, sure, but it's not a huge difference, is it?

I didn't realise the dad was Irish, he does a good accent. Lots of them do, actually.

Although I like Dinklage in the show, his "English" accent is a Fat Yank's idea of what English people sound like, however.

Sterling Archer, where's your post-season six post? I always meant to read it after I'd seen the whole show, but I can't find it. I've gone back to page 647, it's gonna take a long time to wade through a 675 page thread....
                    i have no idea dude.

i can give you a season 6 analysis post if you like. but that's gonna cost you.

also, maybe we do it if -MAKAVELLI- aint here.

his nerd feelings might get hurt.

slight offense.

Comment

• Dragons vs. White Walkers coming up in Season 7, episode 6.

Viserion dies, and is resurrected as an ice-breather, becoming the mount of the Night King. Then the wall finally comes down in the season 7 final episode.
                      Last edited by The Hammer; 11-11-2016, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X