No announcement yet.

3 AM Max Bench Workout!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 AM Max Bench Workout!!!

Waste of time! First off secure your bar with some collars to be safer. Second start with just the bar (no weights) and hit 100 reps ( perfect form).
    Then add 10lbs per side and get 35 reps. Then set your bar with
    50lbs (25 per side) and get 3 sets of 8 reps.
    When that workout becomes a piece of cake add 5 to 10lbs to each set. (bar + 5 or 10lbs per side 100 reps)
    Try to get 5 reps of what your trying now after 3 weeks of what I'm suggesting.

High reps= low weight.
    Low reps=max weight

When you get all that done after 5 weeks then find a 2x4 to lift your bench to an "incline" and start over! Don't forget the Collars!

3AM is a great time to be sleeping.............

Ray

Comment

I heard they cut footage on this one ,had they decided to use yours and include it in and intergrade it ...it would be much more edgier and not so junior high
      Last edited by juggernaut666; 07-21-2017, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        Waste of time! First off secure your bar with some collars to be safer. Second start with just the bar (no weights) and hit 100 reps ( perfect form).
        When that workout becomes a piece of cake add 5 to 10lbs to each set. (bar + 5 or 10lbs per side 100 reps)

High reps= low weight.
        Low reps=max weight

When you get all that done after 5 weeks then find a 2x4 to lift your bench to an "incline" and start over! Don't forget the Collars!

Ray
        Gonna try that workout!...Thanks...I'd sleep if I didn't have insomnia...It's 12:39 am now and I'm gonna try the 100 reps with just the bar perfect form...I'll let you know if it helps me improve...I slide the weight off the bar without collars when I get stuck😭...I know...I know..."Secure The Bar"...

Thanks 4 the advice!

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
          I heard they cut footage on this one ,had they decided to use yours and include it in and intergrade it ...it would be much more edgier and not so junior high
          Thanks...maybe I'll upload a version with my footage instead🤔

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post

High reps= low weight.
            Low reps=max weight

Ray
            He's lifting alone so collars would be a terrible idea. If he fails he can just dump it to the side and the plates will fall off.

If you want to build muscular endurance there are much better ways than bench press. Doing 100 reps of the bar before going up in weight isn't going to be effective, it'll just fatigue him before he gets to sets that will
            actually be beneficial.

Comment

I don't use collars when I'm working out by myself. Specifically if I'm going heavy. Because without a spotter, if my triceps give and the weight decides to not go up, I can just tilt the bar and get rid of the weight.

Comment

Originally posted by HedonisticFrog View Post
                He's lifting alone so collars would be a terrible idea. If he fails he can just dump it to the side and the plates will fall off.
                What he said.

Comment

Originally posted by HedonisticFrog View Post

If you want to build muscular endurance there are much better ways than bench press. Doing 100 reps of the bar before going up in weight isn't going to be effective, it'll just fatigue him before he gets to sets that will
                  actually be beneficial.
                  Exactly!!!...You didn't think I actually listened to his advise did you?...What he described is hypertrophy and you can't build "real strength" that way!...You hit the nail on the head as I broke my thumb 5 years ago benching with collars on because I couldn't slide the weight off!...You and johnm is...know what you're talkin' 'bout man!...Thanks!!✊��...So what other exercises besides bench can one focus on?...I've been focusing on squats today and think I will for the entire month of August as my legs and lower body are starting to show striations and cuts...I wanna lean bulk cut look...kinda like Chris Jones from YouTube...

https://youtu.be/IgE4n7HrsB8
                  Last edited by Donnie Herrera; 07-27-2017, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Herrera View Post
                    Exactly!!!...You didn't think I actually listened to his advise did you?...What he described is hypertrophy and you can't build "real strength" that way!...You hit the nail on the head as I broke my thumb 5 years ago benching with collars on because I couldn't slide the weight off!...You and johnm is...know what you're talkin' 'bout man!...Thanks!!✊��...So what other exercises besides bench can one focus on?...I've been focusing on squats today and think I will for the entire month of August as my legs and lower body are starting to show striations and cuts...I wanna lean bulk cut look...kinda like Chris Jones from YouTube...

https://youtu.be/IgE4n7HrsB8
                    First of all 100 reps is not geared towards hypertrophy, that's almost cardio at that point.

Building muscle mass does build strength. Just look at elite powerlifters, as their weight goes up so does their strength.

Comment

Working...
                    X