No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andy Lee, O'Sullivan Both Ready To Face Daniel Jacobs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
    I think i'd rather see Lee and O'Sullivan fight each other.
    Fights against Jacobs are too predictable in their outcome.
    Pretty much what was I was going to say ...can't be a quality opponent be found.. neither one should be considered, the bat will not be competitive...

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      Why isn't Sergiy Derevyanchenko an option for Jacobs? How can Jacobs overlook an IBF #1 MW Contender who also fights out of Brooklyn? WTF?
      I think with the current landscape of 160 this is one of the worst times for top (legit) 10 guys to fight cuz too many people are on the short list for Canelo or GGG.

I believe Derevyanchenko & Charlo both got some sort of mandatory situation going on. BJS is virtually guaranteed to fight the winner of the still not officially announced GGG vs Canelo II fight (which is another reason not to sign up to fight one of these other top guys cuz if the rematch doesn't happen then two of these guys could get in on a huge payday in April/May). And Jacobs is right there himself as maybe the #2 guy to fight someone from the Cinco De Mayo rematch.

No one is really gonna wanna to fight a highly threatening opponent which all of these guys could be considered to be & ruin there chances for a career high payday in the summer or later this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        I think with the current landscape of 160 this is one of the worst times for top (legit) 10 guys to fight cuz too many people are on the short list for Canelo or GGG.

I believe Derevyanchenko & Charlo both got some sort of mandatory situation going on. BJS is virtually guaranteed to fight the winner of the still not officially announced GGG vs Canelo II fight (which is another reason not to sign up to fight one of these other top guys cuz if the rematch doesn't happen then two of these guys could get in on a huge payday in April/May). And Jacobs is right there himself as maybe the #2 guy to fight someone from the Cinco De Mayo rematch.

No one is really gonna wanna to fight a highly threatening opponent which all of these guys could be considered to be & ruin there chances for a career high payday in the summer or later this year.
        Definitely agree, the worst situation possible! As much as I like Jacobs, I would be pissed if he got to fight the winner, before the guys who are currently #1!

Comment

Andy Lee.....

Comment

Jacobs can beat Lee and Sullivan on the same night. He should stop running from Charlo and Derevyanchenko. How many passes does this guy get? His biggest success was not to get knocked out by Golovkin.

Comment

Is this what Eddie Hearn meant when he said he would turn Jacobs into a star? lmao Luis Arias and Spike O’Sullivan not gone do it..

Comment

Calling Jacobs vs Andy Lee

O'Sullivan vs Andrade

Comment

Excellent post. Right now, MW is on hold as the rematch for CA and Trip G is brewing.

I am not excited for either of these options, but they are likely the best Danny Jacobs can get. Hope Andy Lee is the fight. At least he has a good reputation still, and I would rather Jacobs stay active than sit around and wait for fights no one will agree to.

Comment

Originally posted by T-1000 View Post
                    Jacobs can beat Lee and Sullivan on the same night. He should stop running from Charlo and Derevyanchenko. How many passes does this guy get? His biggest success was not to get knocked out by Golovkin.
                    Charlo is fighting Centeno. Derevyanchenko has the same trainer. Should Jacobs choose to be inactive instead?

Comment

The fight is going to happen May 5th 2018 in the T-Mobile Arena again. Its pretty much already a done deal. GGG was out of the country so that is/was the holdup.

Comment

Working...
                      X