Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How great are you when the fighter moving up gives you lose or your hardest fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ridiculous thread. Hagler fought all the top guys in his era, there was no great fighter at 168 he could've or should've fought. So what did you want him to do? Move up 15lbs and fight no-names? He fought 3 of the greatest boxers of all time and beat all of them IMO. The Duran fight close? Did you just read the scorecards and not watch it? Hagler boxed his ears off the judging in that fight was criminal. It wasn't close at all. Then the Hearns fight, Leonard, he was a legend for sure.

Hagler is an ATG and one of the most respectable boxers of all time. I don't see how anyone could not admire what he went through in his career. If you know his story it's very admirable. He went through a harder path to glory than most fighters and you can say he was the best of one of the best eras in history.
    Last edited by JK1700; 09-24-2017, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      Lineal isn't a world title you ******, why is that hard for you to understand?
      You should be raving about the lineal title at 140...i mean, it's clearly more meaningful to you than the rest of those bs belts.

Comment

hahaha, this is the opposite of what Larry was saying about Kovalev

Comment

Here's the divisions Pacquiao won major world titles in.

WBC flyweight champion (112 lbs)
          IBF super bantamweight champion (122 lbs)
          WBC super featherweight champion (130 lbs)
          WBC lightweight champion (135 lbs)
          WBO welterweight champion (147 lbs) (3×)
          WBC super welterweight champion (154 lbs)

How many is that? Can you count?
          Beyond that, the WBC super welterweight belt was picked off at a max contract weight of 150lbs, so you can't really count that one either

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
            You should be raving about the lineal title at 140...i mean, it's clearly more meaningful to you than the rest of those bs belts.
            My opinion in this matters not. He was claiming Pacquiao won 8 world titles in 8 divisions as fact. He was wrong and i was correcting him.

You tried to claim lineal is a world title. That makes you pretty ****ing stupid also.

Comment

My opinion in this matters not. He was claiming Pacquiao won 8 world titles in 8 divisions as fact. He was wrong and i was correcting him.

You tried to claim lineal is a world title. That makes you pretty ****ing stupid also.
              Show me where i claimed the lineal is a world title. You're right about 1 thing tho...your opinion doesn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                Show me where i claimed the lineal is a world title. You're right about 1 thing tho...your opinion doesn't matter.
                No it doesn't when i got facts proving people wrong.

Comment

No it doesn't when i got facts proving people wrong.
                  ...and any other time.

Comment

He didn't win a major world title in those divisions.
                    Should’ve been unified at FW. Judges took it away from him vs. Marquez.
                    Should’ve been unified at LWW. Orgs stripped Hatton of both the WBA and the IBF.

Doesn’t matter. Lineal title holds more merit than a singular belt.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                      I never was a Hagler fan because i dont think he challenged himself...his biggest wins were against little guys and Duran even went the distance with him in a close fight!!the real special fighters are the ones who HAVE to move UP to fight A REAL CHALLENGE!! the bigger man SHOULD DOMINATE THE SMALLER GUY EASILY!!!..special talent usually produces special results

So who were Floyd's "REAL CHALLENGES"?

Last edited by ADP02; 09-25-2017, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X