Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder Demolishes Breazeale in One Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone applauding Jim Grey, please stop. Dude is a total ******* that’s been checked by numerous fighters in the past. James Toney and Kostya Tsyzu are the most memorable. Obviously, what he said about Breazeale was true. But you don’t **** on a guy that basically just saw his boxing career end. At least his boxing career as he envisioned it. There’s more tactful ways of asking Wilder that question. Especially with Breazeale standing right there waiting to be interviewed. Not to mention, SHO didn’t spend the last several months promoting this as a fight nobody wanted to see. It’s not asking too much to show the guy at least half the respect SHO has treated him with during the entire promotion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Calm yourself. He doesn't come from anywhere near there. Most Americans couldn't tell you the difference. I know know because my family comes from NY.
      Don't be silly, he knows. Bronx just sounds closer to Bronze is why he said that. Y'all with this thinking he's clueless are typical people who stereotype others ... based on anything yiou can loosely throw together. Grow up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
        Tbf AJ was a 16 fight novice and it was 7 showcase rounds and did Molina in 3 in his next fight compared to Wilders 9. 1-1?

Still blinking impressed though I may not like Wilder but there's no denying his threat when he comes to seek & destroy like that.

AJ is gonna need to do a number on Ruiz now or it could get awkward on here.
        AJ fans would be wise to just be quiet with the comparisons because there's no way to spin it to make AJ look better. Obviously, Wilder destroyed a guy that AJ took a long time on. And, it's not like AJ has developed a ton when you look at a lot of his recent fights.

I don't say that out of bias either because I would pick AJ to beat Wilder and think he's a far better boxer. Wilder just happens to to have a lot more power and did far better against this particular opponent. That's all.

Comment

• I told you all what would happen the last week or so. I called 1st destruction since the fight was signed...

Comment

• Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
            Think he prob talking about when wilder was hit in back of head but even then he wasn’t hurt
            Exactly
            Not sure when he was hurt
            I don’t think he was even stumped a little
            He did get two shots behind the head

Comment

• Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
              Breazeale beat the count, he should been giving a benefit of doubt for a come back.... Fight called off too early. Does it mean fights should be called off at every KD?
              It's a good thing the ref ended it, Breazeale would have died in there. Why would you want to see that?

Comment

• Originally posted by lion33lit View Post
                “Very aggressively” will never work against Wilder....everything has to be strategic, even down to the set up punch. That’s what “camp” is for, to work on specifics. It’s one of the reasons Hearn shouldn’t call out Ortiz 4 weeks prior to facing his robot. Ambush call outs are WACK! Ortiz needs his FULL camp to focus specifically on short circuiting that straight right the robot loves to throw....as well as other things...
                ambush call outs? his opponent dropped out so he had to find a new one. ortiz said he would fight joshua anytime. he was offered 7 million. he ducked. joshua only had 4 weeks to prepare for ortiz as well so its completely fair. what crazy spin to defend a ducker

Comment

• Both guys Wilder had a personal beef with were destroyed in ONE round...Stiverne was slumped against the ropes...being kind to Wilder during the press conferences actually increases your chances of lasting a couple rounds .

Comment

• Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
                    To be fair to wilder that was a brutal ko....cannot knock him tonight.
                    Make the fight with Aj
                    Wilder didn't like that sneaky couple of blows to the back of the head Breazeale threw. He went after him .... and bang ... over.

Comment

• Originally posted by fistic flow View Post
                      Maybe you wanna try paying more attention at the fight then. When he first hurt Breazeale he got countered as he went for the finish. It was pretty obvious he was hurt and backed off. 4:02 for your non-fantasy.
                      Getting caught does not equal being "hurt". Unless you mean for like, half a second. Looked pretty well planted when he landed the KO only seconds later.

Comment

Working...
                      X