Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather/(Jesus) Chavez: Those who only score punches. Who won these two rounds?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather/(Jesus) Chavez: Those who only score punches. Who won these two rounds?

Seriously. Judge both rounds and tell me who won, and why. It's only the last two rounds when both guys were at full steam so it won't be a waste of time, I assure you. Ignore Harold Lederman's straight up wrong scorecard when you do it.

And if all you recall of Floyd is the De La Hoya fight, this should educate you as to how good this man was in the lower weight classes.

Clearly MAYWEATHER.
    75.00%
    Chavez, NO DOUBT.
    25.00%
    1 Up - DRAW
    0.00%

Mayweather won round 8, he was killing Chavez with the right uppercut. Round 9 was very close for the first two minutes but then Mayweather started landing the uppercut again and hurt Chavez.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
      Mayweather won round 8, he was killing Chavez with the right uppercut. Round 9 was very close for the first two minutes but then Mayweather started landing the uppercut again and hurt Chavez.
      See, while his uppercuts were a thing of beauty off the shoulder roll, I don't think there's a more picture perfect version of him landing the pull counter than 1:08 of Round 4.

Comment

Lederman is awful judge

Comment

I remember Lederman giving round one to Chavez where Floyd tattoo'd him all round and Lampley being stunned LOL.

Comment

That fight is why few let their hands go against Floyd.it comes with consequences.

Comment

Yes, as I can recall this was Mayweather's last fight at the 130lbs weight division before moving up to 135lbs. It was overall a pretty decent scrap.

Chavez came to fight and win by smothering Floyd on the inside but Pretty Boy Floyd proved his dominance by punishing Chavez with vicious and brutal right uppercuts which constantly snapped his head back; So severely to the point of his corner halting the fight after the 9th round.

I agree with the TS. It was one of Mayweather's best performances at the lower weight classes.

Comment

Demonio1023 - Why do you say Chavez bro? We need some 'splainin

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                  Seriously. Judge both rounds and tell me who won, and why.
                  First of them is almost 10-8 for May. Second is also his, 10-9, yet it was not one-sided..

first - cause he was landing numerous terrific power punches. second - cause it feels like he was more active from ~ the middle of the round.

Chavez was landing mostly body punches. They are not being taken into account in profights in the same way as head punches. They are negligible if there was plenty of another sort of action. So you can't say these were close rounds at all..
                  Last edited by djif; 05-08-2019, 08:11 AM.

Comment

My bad man, I thought this was Sr Chavez vs Roger Mayweather so I clicked the poll before watching the video.

When reviewing the video, the first round is a 50/50 for me because Chavez is putting pressure on Floyd and is backing him up effectively while landing some good shots, which was very hard to do against the talented money may. He is walking through floyds punches, which lead me to believe those punches are not being thrown with much power in them. It is late into the fight however and floyd was getting tired because Chavez kept on coming. On the flip side of that coin, Money may is countering beautifully and snapping Chavez's head back at will. Most of the punches are body punches though so I can see them not being counted for as being effective.
                    Second round Chavez just keeps coming, and Floyd keeps countering and is snapping Chavez's head back at will. He then gets tired of hitting him and has to tie him up because the guy keeps coming and throwing punches, albeit not as effective as the prior round. The interesting part of this is that at that time, Money May was bigger than Jesus and I believe he moved up in weight shortly after this, yet he could not put him away and the corner had to stop it. Second round goes to Floyd and so does the entire fight. Great fight though!

Comment

Working...
                    X