Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cant Afford Boxin Gym/Restricted To Shadowboxing Drills + Hittin Walls Daily (HELP)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant Afford Boxin Gym/Restricted To Shadowboxing Drills + Hittin Walls Daily (HELP)

Unable to afford da boxin gyms round my location been doin knuckle Push Ups/Shadowboxin drills for roughly 5-6 Months but I'm aware it's not enough

What else can I do to hone
    Knockout + Punch Power
    Last edited by SJTHROWIESJ; 03-18-2018, 08:05 AM.

Originally posted by SJTHROWIESJ View Post
    Unable to afford da boxin gyms round my location been doin knuckle Push Ups/Shadowboxin drills for roughly 5-6 Months but I'm aware it's not enough

Knockout + Punch Power
    You can't afford "da boxing gyms" but you can afford posting on the internet?

Comment

Knockout + Punch Power
      where there's a will there's a way

Comment

Knockout + Punch Power
        Buy your self some rubber resistant bands and shadow box with them . You need some competent trainer to teach you technique there’s no way around that

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
          You need some competent trainer to teach you technique there’s no way around that
          This ^^^^. Quality training is the only way your going to efficiently increase punching power, technique counts for so much in this sport.

Is boxing an expensive sport to get into abroad? In the uk from where I'm from it was one of the cheapest sports. My local amateur club used to be £2 a session and as i helped out that was also waived. Lots of clubs locally have been set up to try to encourage people low on funds to train.

Obviously the pro gym costs are substantially more but again locally were not silly figures, no different to a standard gym membership.

Comment

Get some old tires and build a punching bag out of them. There are videos on YouTube that show you how.

Comment

First off u wanna stay strong.u dnt need boxing gym or fitness gym 2 start off.this is the hood workout lol.do push ups 4 explosive punches.use a friend body weight 4 squats.use dumbbells 2 shodow box.makes ur punches faster and harder.jump ropes r cheap.put cender blocks in a bucket then curl them 4strong uppercuts.i should be getting paid to tell you this by d way lol.ive got tons.want give them all away.

Comment

Knockout + Punch Power
                Check out the thread "Making a training regime "
                I posted some of my work out routines.

I'd focus on explosive body weight excercises (plyo pushups, jump squats, jump lunges) You can do a ton of ab work, buy a neck strengthener and work on your neck, and incorporate a lot of cardio with sprints/hills.
                I wouldn't recommend shadow boxing currently as you are possibly drilling in bad habits that will come out when you finally are able to get into a gym.
                You can however work on stance, footwork drills, slipping, etc (I just wouldn't recommend throwing punches).

If you are old enough, get a part time job and work so that you are able to afford the gym. I wish that I would've been in a position to start boxing much younger, but we were poor and I couldn't work because of my age. Like another poster said, where there is a will there is a way. It's much more rewarding in the end if you had to put in the work for it.

Watch your diet and nutrition to keep your weight down as well.

Best of luck!

Comment

Knockout + Punch Power
                  Hitting walls is one way to injure yourself, stop it.

Comment

If you don't have a job — get one.
                    If you do have one then cut back expenses to make it affordable.

If none of the above works then tell the owner that you'll clean up the gym every night as collateral since you don't have the expenses to join. Shheeit I don't know. That's only if you really want to box and have no bread for the gym.

Comment

Working...
                    X