Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dmitry Pirog's Career-Ending Back Injury Came From Hitting Car Tyres With A Hammer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a sad situation and must've been really hard on Pirog who likely dreamed of having a long career as a world champion!

Atleast he accomplished his dream of being a world champion, still the man was very talented!

Had a mix of Soviet Russia comrade seel and destroy techniques with the technical style of Midwest boxing!

Very good at distance control, setting up traps, knockout power, reach, good head movement, and a quality jab!

Him vs GGG would've been great to see!

Comment

It pays to be careful when doing core rotational exercises.

Comment

Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
        even when thyere in our heroes favor ?

''my guy only landed 1/3 of the punches compubox claims,
        but, meh. he would have won anyway. cleaner shots and all.''

how many more fights will it take before people stop with the pirog shlt ?!?!? its getting as bad as when people bring up may jlc 1..........

wtf
        i have never used compubox to say someone deserved to win or lose a fight. i have done my own count or watched breakdown videos that i thought were a lot more accurate to do that but compubox is trash. they simply dont get it right.

and i think it will take 6 more fights before people stop bringing it up....

Comment

eliminate things that you can control. i think thats why kirkland is so shot. he was giving it his all in training camp

two stints in prison and taking bombs in his fights didn't help, either.

Comment

Boxing is not weight lifting.

plenty of safer endurance exercises which don't compromise your form and risk spine injuries or pulling a muscle.

Lifting these big tyres is not worth it...

Plenty of top tier boxers who havn't lifted a weight in their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              i have never used compubox to say someone deserved to win or lose a fight. i have done my own count or watched breakdown videos that i thought were a lot more accurate to do that but compubox is trash. they simply dont get it right.

and i think it will take 6 more fights before people stop bringing it up....
              i personally know fans who swear punches that clearly landed on a persons elbow was a scoring shot....just because their guy threw it.

at least 6 more fights with these people.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                two stints in prison and taking bombs in his fights didn't help, either.
                he seemed to be no worse for the wear leaving jail. anne was trying too hard to prove she should have been born a man and took it out on kirkland.

Comment

i personally know fans who swear punches that clearly landed on a persons elbow was a scoring shot....just because their guy threw it.

at least 6 more fights with these people.
                  sure and i know fans who think lowblows and holding while hitting are clean scoring blows. thats why scoring is subjective you can pretend anything you want. i try to do my best and i always score fights the same way. i dont change my criteria from fight to fight based on what is happening thats why i had hopkins beating pac, kovalev beating ward, pac beating floyd, eric crumble beating zelenoff

ill give you an example of scoring inconsistencies: in jmm-pac 3 pac landed more but his punches on average weren't as clean or sharp as jmms "robbery!" some people shouted. then in floyd-pac floyd landed slightly more(compubox trash) but pac landed the much cleaner flusher punches. floyd schooled him....hmmm and the quality of punches was much closer in pac-jmm 3 than in floyd-pac yet the very same people who said jmm-pac 3 was a robbery said floyd schooled pac.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    sure and i know fans who think lowblows and holding while hitting are clean scoring blows. thats why scoring is subjective you can pretend anything you want. i try to do my best and i always score fights the same way. i dont change my criteria from fight to fight based on what is happening thats why i had hopkins beating pac, kovalev beating ward, pac beating floyd, eric crumble beating zelenoff

ill give you an example of scoring inconsistencies: in jmm-pac 3 pac landed more but his punches on average weren't as clean or sharp as jmms "robbery!" some people shouted. then in floyd-pac floyd landed slightly more(compubox trash) but pac landed the much cleaner flusher punches. floyd schooled him....hmmm and the quality of punches was much closer in pac-jmm 3 than in floyd-pac yet the very same people who said jmm-pac 3 was a robbery said floyd schooled pac.
                    boxing has the most ravenously biased fans is all of sports.

schooling a guy doesnt always mean bashing their faces in. its the whole of the fight. may vs chico, sergio vs jr for the 1st 11 1/2 rds, may vs canelo, cal vs lacy......

Comment

ive seen the fight many times. imho, if they had fought 10x, dj wins 9 of them.
                      Now that's funny!

Comment

Working...
                      X