No announcement yet.

will Andre Ward fight in 2013?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will Andre Ward fight in 2013?

no Froch fight until 2014. Probably no Golovkin fight until 2014. Chavez Jr. gets freed up in September. Edwin Rodriguez said he wants Bika next. All the LHWs are pre-occupied as well. There really isn't anybody for him to fight right now. Will we see him at all this year? If not, how much is he to blame for that?
    yes
    0.00%
    no
    33.33%
    he'll stay color commentary duty at HBO so he can make more self-aggrandizing remarks
    66.67%
    Last edited by teddycanyon; 07-22-2013, 02:00 PM.

If not, he'll slip even further down my P4P list.

The guy doesn't have a legit win since 2011, we are on the way to heading into 2014

Comment

isn't ward slated fo a return fight in late september? opponent TBD.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        isn't ward slated fo a return fight in late september? opponent TBD.
        He's taking a page out of Russell's book?

Comment

Superb fighter but if you take him out of the picture 168 and 175 look more interesting.

I honestly don't think there is a fight you could put him in that I would stay up until 5 a.m to watch and that is essentially because he's too good and that his fights even against world class opposition are stop start and one-sided. He's one of the boxers were you look at the clock in the corner of the screen and then you blink and 3 minutes has disappeared and nothing too much has happened apart from Ward being thoroughly in control without really opening up.
          Last edited by Sparked_26; 07-22-2013, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Nope! I think he wants no parts of triple g!

Comment

i heard ward say he is looking for a september opponent

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
                He's taking a page out of Russell's book?
                wow thats funny.

Comment

Originally posted by teddycanyon View Post
                  no Froch fight until 2014. Probably no Golovkin fight until 2014. Chavez Jr. gets freed up in September. Edwin Rodriguez said he wants Bika next. All the LHWs are pre-occupied as well. There really isn't anybody for him to fight right now. Will we see him at all this year? If not, how much is he to blame for that?

Andre dirrell would be a good fight for Ward, since everybody else is occupied.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                    Andre dirrell would be a good fight for Ward, since everybody else is occupied.
                    Yep Andre Dirrell, or Jermain Taylor if he's looking for an easy comeback fight with a name.

James DeGale, Mikkel Kessler, Oosthuizen...the names are out there if he really wants to fight.

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    If not, he'll slip even further down my P4P list.

The guy doesn't have a legit win since 2011, we are on the way to heading into 2014

Comment

Working...
                    X