Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sergey kovalev vs andre ward @175? who wins and why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find it humorous when people say Ward will lose a fight based on one punch that landed on him over 7 years ago in the MW division. Pipe dream.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
      Didn't Boone drop kova twice and according to Boone, he should have been credited with a third knockdown.
      Where on boxrec?

Comment

we will see it against bhop.

atm I would choose kovalev by ko. too strong for ward's clinching and holding.

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
          What do you mean what does it have to do with anything? It has to do with everything. The point I was making is Ward's chin couldn't even hold up to Darnell Boone's punch..... imagine it against Kovalev's devastating punches. Kovalev got dropped by Boone but Ward doesn't punch hard at all, hell, Boone is probably the bigger puncher anyway.

It is just an utterly ridiculous triangle theory. This was only about Wards sixth pro fight and boxing don't work like that!
          Amir Khan was dropped by Drizdane, Limmond was wobbled by a Prescott jab & flattened yet a much bigger puncher in Maidana couldn't put him down. Fans put much way too much stock in a fighter getting dropped by a lesser puncher. Rigo touching down against Corboda so Donaire flattens him, Brook getting rocked by Senchenko so Porter kill him and so on

There are different types of power and just because Boone landed a great shot doesn't mean Kovalev will.
          He may well stop Ward but to base it off him getting dropped by a lesser fighter about 10 years back is absurd

Comment

LF) You just mentioned Kovalev, you fought to a close split loss a few months after your win over Stevenson. Was that decision fair?

DB) After that fight I was 100% certain I had beaten him. I completely man-handled him and dropped him three times though only one was counted. If you had been there you would have said I’d won.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              LF) You just mentioned Kovalev, you fought to a close split loss a few months after your win over Stevenson. Was that decision fair?

DB) After that fight I was 100% certain I had beaten him. I completely man-handled him and dropped him three times though only one was counted. If you had been there you would have said I’d won.
              Interesting...

Comment

I would probably pick Ward to beat Kovalev but it's a tough call. I'd like to see Ward move up to 175. I think one of Mekhonstev, Beterbiev or Kovalev would beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
                  Well according to Boone Kovalev beats Ward so...... yeah

Boone also said bhop beats kova...

Comment

Originally posted by Truth. View Post
                    Where on boxrec?
                    A guy who talks to him told me on twitter

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                      Boone also said bhop beats kova...
                      Boone DKSAB