No announcement yet.

Hours of sparring and double end bag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hours of sparring and double end bag

I was thinking and some people might think this is over training but for five days a week at the boxing gym i would do hours on the double end bag and hours of sparring different sparring oponents, so would hours in the gym everyday say like 4 and a half hours a day would be a over kill or no

Originally posted by dman4093 View Post
    I was thinking and some people might think this is over training but for five days a week at the boxing gym i would do hours on the double end bag and hours of sparring different sparring oponents, so would hours in the gym everyday say like 4 and a half hours a day would be a over kill or no
    I kinda doubt you can do HOURS of sparring per day, but, yes, it is right attitude, if you do not want to be a bag-hitter, but be a fighter. Say, 5-10 rounds of light sparring and couple rounds of hard would be very good if you are an amateur.

Comment

Originally posted by dman4093 View Post
      I doubt you would be able to maintain quality in technique over an extended period. So if your technique has got worse as a result of prolonged training you are over training. If you have a competition or fight round the corner your sparring should replicate the real thing which is 3 fast 3 minute rounds where you should be pretty well spent at the end. If you are doing hours of sparring you have to dilute the effort and pace yourself which is not conditioning you for real fight conditions. So this is over training.
      You want high quality, high intensity training for conditioning for 3 fast quality rounds for a real event not loads of lower tempo ,loose never ending story garbage. You can train long or hard but not long and hard. You are better off training very hard with high quality work for shorter durations than long meaningless workouts where you have to dilute your effort. If you are diluting the intensity and not maintaing quality control in order to lengthen the time in the gym you are over training. Once you get into the habit of long diluted workouts it is very difficult to up the intensity when you need to.
      You should be working on improving technique or recreating real life fight conditions. If you are not doing either you are not boxing training you are Boxercising which is some sort of excercise that is not relevant or related to real boxing. If what you are doing is not directly transferable to your event call it what it is excercise but not training.

Comment

Working...
      X