Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Showtime to Air Joshua-Klitschko Live; HBO Gets Delayed Telecast

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually like fights being on in the day sometimes so then I can have Saturday night open. Plus I like to watch them live, so I'm going with the Showtime airing on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
      Lmao wtf they are double dipping and getting money from both networks.
      I would like to double dip that sort you have as your avi m8...there would be some serious double dipping going on thats for sure lol

Comment

Originally posted by sweetpea87 View Post
        I actually like fights being on in the day sometimes so then I can have Saturday night open. Plus I like to watch them live, so I'm going with the Showtime airing on this one.
        If it's not a super big fight, then I have to agree.

I wonder if the undercard is also televised by Showtime/HBO. If so, that gives enough fights for a proper shindig.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
          That's almost a certainty in the US. A mid at Saturday scrap will not outperform Saturday night unless there's some huge captive audience like the post olympics Spence card

I had to watch Fury v VK mid day. That's not happening this time.
          Great point. I didn't factor in the time zone difference.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
            Hearn doing a money grab from both networks
            Hearn has deffo got some rothchild's blood in him..old shylock

Comment

At least it's settled now. But they took unnecessarily too long. You mean to tell me they couldn't agree on this sooner? How are the viewers going to know about this fight, they should have been advertising this fight at least a month in advance on TV commercials. If it does poor ratings they only have themselves to blame. Anyway, I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

I'll watch both more than likely, unless its a dud. Then only the showtime telecast.

Comment

So does that mean that the broadcasting teams will be different for each showing?
                  I'd enjoy seeing each teams take on the fight

Comment

Originally posted by sweetpea87 View Post
                    Agreed. A very underrated aspect of getting U.K. fights live in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                      Good fight. It would be ****ed up if HBO delayed telecast gets more views then Shotime
                      HBO is in more homes, but sports on tape delay always gets hit, so who knows.

Comment

Working...
                      X